Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to remove an artist from home

How to remove an artist from home

Despite I’ve blocked Adele on my spotify account long time ago, Adele playlists keep on comparing on screen, as “for Adele fans”, which clearly I am not. It happens every single day and it’s the only artist on my spotify that doesn’t “rotate”, it never disappears, a freaking nightmare ahah. and I can’t figure out if it’s a sort of a bug or maybe a spam. 

Anyone knows how to solve it? Thank you 🙂

8 Replies

Hello, This should hopefully help you.

To remove a album follow these steps:

1. Open Spotify and go to the "Album view"
  2. Open the album that you want to remove.
  3. Scroll all the way up (so that you see the cover).
  4. Press the "saved"-button so it says "save" instead. 
  5. Finished.

This doesn't help at all, I have the same problem but I don't want to remove an album but only an artist that appears only on the home. A friend of mine did a prank following some crappy artists with my account, but there's one of them that appears EVERY FREAKIN' DAY on my Spotify Home, and I don't know how the **bleep** to remove it, I've already Followed/Unfollowed, Saved/Unsaved, listened, followed and saved tenth of other artists but nothing can remove that thing from there.

immagine.png

6 months after my cry for help, I can assure you that the artist you hate will disappear somewhen. Just keep on waiting (and not listening to it!)  

what an astoundingly worthless solution. crazy how little spotify wants their customers to enjoy their product. Im sorry they just left you out to dry. I'm seeking answers myself and it seems spotify's real intent is just to have everyone switch to literally any other streaming service.

This is so annoying! I don't even know who Flo Rida is and this dude is on my homepage every time I open it. I really don't understand why our homepages can't be more customizable. Or at least have a 'don't show this artist' option. Because don't play this artist doesn't make them go away.

Play a song of the artist and press the 3 dots on top right corner (iPhone).

Select “View Artist”

Press the 3 dots next to “follow”

Select “Don’t play this artist”

hope that helps

cheers

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

You can click on Recently Played under Your Library. Then you can choose the content you don't want to see, right click > Remove from Recently Played.

Keep in mind that It might take some time for the Home page to update.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have this issue now after getting hacked. ******* Jason Derulo won't get off my home page no matter what I dislike/unfollow/etc etc to get rid of it. Not even after trying to hide all the songs the hackers played from him during the time in my "Listening History" is working and at this point I'm just so sick of the app its not even worth trying to deal with and about ready to delete it. So completely stupid how it just has this issue.

Suggested posts