How to turn off the artist uploaded videos on songs?

Solved!

Re: How to turn off the artist uploaded videos on songs?

Murriarty

Disabling Canvas option is still not available on my Android app. I have updated to the most recent version. Any idea when this will be fixed?

BillRyderNZ

I don't have the feature to disable the canvas and am marking the artist as never show me them again at the moment after laboriously switching to 'data saver' mode so I can do that.

The fact this feature is not on my Android phone yet means I'm eliminating artists from my discovery. Pretty sad for the artist!

ItsJoannieBitch

Any idea when this will be available on Android devices? I got pulled over today because I mountbmy phone and use it split screen w spotify and Waze.... The officer saw the video playing and assumed I was watching videos while driving.  

fraktalisman
Casual Listener

I hereby support this feature request. Please provide an option to disable any video playback in spotify (without disabling anyhting else). The video playback is undesired, distracting, annyoing, a waste of bandwidth and makes it hard to use the actual UI for playback and navigation.

polaroidkidd

Has this been rolled out to Android OnePlus3 Devices yet? I can't find the option and the app is up2date.

Re: How to upload videos on songs?

hrshmusic

can anyone tell how to upload that video loop in tracks for artists? And is it for only big artists or any artist can use that feature? If any artist can use it then can we add it after the release?

visibledark780

Please please please let us disable the videos. Those are driving me insane and make me stop listening to arrists that have such video loops. It is also starting to annoy me in a way where I rather not use the app at all and cancel my sub instead.

alchemistnz
Casual Listener

I have the latest version of Spotify for Android and the only way to disable it is via datasaver, which de-hances the playback quality for streaming. Effectively making it a download service only (if you want reasonable sound quality). Surely this is not the final solution? I want a music service not unwanted video rammed down my throat, that's why I pay for a premium service. When are you guys going to fix this properly?

Highlighted

andreas_ae
Regular

Once implemented for Android, if not already, you will find it NOT in the main settings menu, but under playback > scroll down to see Canvas and toggle this button.

alchemistnz
Casual Listener

It's not implemented on android (yes I have the latest version of Spotify), the only way it would seem to disable video overlays is to enable data saver which is far from ideal. Can someone chim as to when this will be released?

SUGGESTED POSTS