How to turn off the artist uploaded videos on songs?

Solved!
5 people liked this

Re: How to turn off the artist uploaded videos on songs?

CKenny

The videos are distracting and a safety concern. If you're driving and using your phone to control Spotify, the videos are in the way and obnoxious. Spotify needs to give an option to disable these. Seems like a liability issue to me!

Most of them are very annoying. I hate them and regularly skip songs that have videos. Please fix this! 

Highlighted
Solution! 6 people liked this

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, 

If you'd like the ability to disable the video altogether, the best way to let Spotify know is by voting here and add a comment in the thread. The Community team works hard to bring that feedback to internal teams on a constant basis. If there's any updates on this feature it will be posted there as soon as possible. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Option-to-disable-Videos-in-curated-Playlists/idi-...

catherje

I'm glad to see that this is a reported issue and that I'm not the only one that finds the videos extremely annoying and stupid. Really Spotify?! why would you include videos anyway? Like this app doesn't already take up enough resources and mobile data on my phone and you want to disable the ability for users to simply opt out of video playback on your app?! This is just creating a bad community environment based on your services in my opinion but I guess goes to show how you will take money and listen to phone manufactures and mobile data companies over your own actual customers. I recently switched from Google Music to this crappy service about a few months ago and now I'm just about ready to switch again. So this concludes my long and thought out opinion on videos for Spotify and why they are stupid. If anyone has any spare time, then feel free to research tower 7!

1 person liked this

joshsevers
Casual Listener

Hi all,

As Guido mentioned, this seems to have been solved. In both the iOS and Android apps, I see the option to turn off Canvases, and it works just fine.

However, be sure to check again after the app updates.

Spotify seems to think that it's better to have this turned on, and once the app updates, it will likely be enabled again, even if you turned it off. I recommend keeping mobile apps up to date, but just be aware of when they do update so you can revert this to your chosen setting. I had this happen to me over the weekend and it was (again) frustrating.

Cheers!

Blahmas

If you get into a car accident let the police know that you were distracted by videos popping up on spotify. Be sure to let your insurance company know as well.

SUGGESTED POSTS