How to turn off the artist uploaded videos on songs?

Solved!
82 people liked this

How to turn off the artist uploaded videos on songs?

-dwjleepk4_w

On songs such as the ones off Migo’s culture 2 or Rae Sremmurd’s Sremmlife 3, there is artist uploaded videos that play where the artwork should be. Is there an option to disable this because I do enjoy looking at the behind the lyrics and some of the songs have this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 6 people liked this

Re: How to turn off the artist uploaded videos on songs?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, 

If you'd like the ability to disable the video altogether, the best way to let Spotify know is by voting here and add a comment in the thread. The Community team works hard to bring that feedback to internal teams on a constant basis. If there's any updates on this feature it will be posted there as soon as possible. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Option-to-disable-Videos-in-curated-Playlists/idi-...

24 Replies
37 people liked this

john_mueting
Gig Goer

Spotify does not have a feature to turn off videos. This idea was suggested to them and their response is below:

Updated on 2018-02-07

Hi everyone! Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. While we don't have plans for disabling video content in playlists, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify and they're aware of the votes around this idea. If there are any updates on disabling videos in playlists we'll let you know here, thanks!

73 people liked this

konradpopiolek
Casual Listener

This is going to kill someone when they are driving, its just a matter of time before this happens. I dont understand why Spotify doesnt allow for this to be disabled. the recent few revisions of the mobile app blocked this but now its back again.  They introduced a useless feature like "stranger things mode" but refuses to disable artist uploaded videos!!

43 people liked this

Nigelwyn
Casual Listener

Exactly this. I was driving along listening to a playlist when Once in a Lifetime by Angelique Kidjo comes on and my dashboard mounted phone starts playing the video. Distracting and illegal besides using data. Any song that shows up with a video in any playlist is now going to be deleted.

20 people liked this

Rawkus909

This is the reason I just looked this up. Some video came on while I was driving and it was distracting, so I was hoping to shut it off. Guess that won’t happen.. =(

10 people liked this

erinf

I would like to know if there is a way to switch back and forth between artist uploaded content, with which they promote themselves, as well as their self-promotion through the background of the story provided by the behind the lyrics feature. 

This ticket was opened last year, and it would be nice to see any update or progress. Other tickets haven’t been updated either. 

3 people liked this

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

At the moment, it's not possible to disable video content in playlists. However, we'd recommend making sure to add your feedback here, if you haven't already. We'd also suggest adding your +VOTE on that idea, so you can better stay up to speed with any updates.

Keep in mind that we are actively bringing your votes and comments from that idea to our internal teams, so your feedback is appreciated.

On another note, if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, you can head here.

Hope that helps clarify things! Have a nice day.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

ivanfarhan5

What I could only do now is switching to Spotify Lite app. the downside is the app will not save your listening progress and doesn't support HI-FI feature. but i really hope spotify add an option to disable videos. I don't have any struggle with looping videos. what I'm struggling and hate is actual vertical music videos that in my country is currently unavailable and can't play. so I can't listen to that song and i have only option to skip that.

16 people liked this

Hey @ivanfarhan5@-dwjleepk4_w@erinf@Rawkus909@Nigelwyn and @konradpopiolek.

We're rolling out a feature where you can disable the Canvas video playback. Simply head over to the Settings and toggle off Canvas within the Playback section. Alternatively you can switch on Data saver in the Settings.

If you don't see the setting yet, keep your app up to date and it will come to you shortly :)

Thanks for your feedback and have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

5 people liked this

miscjess
Casual Listener

Thank you for rolling out this disable feature! I'm a dance instructor and I use Spotify every day when I teach. Having these videos come up and hide the song controls has been an absolute nightmare. 

SUGGESTED POSTS