Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I am certain that spotify did not pay me right!

I am certain that spotify did not pay me right!

In January i got 4K plays and i only received 0.9 USD, which is already incorrect. I contacted my distributor (OneRPM) and they told me that i need to wait maybe a month or so because sometimes spotify doesn't pay on time.

Now, in February i got 17K plays and i only received 8USD which is also impossible.

I contacted Spotify and my distributor, spotify wont reply and my distributor keeps telling me its Spotify's fault. what should i do.

TL;DR:

I got 21K plays and only got 8.9 USD and I don't know what to do about it.

1 Reply

Hey there @LeonDied!

I'd recommend reaching back out to your distributor as Spotify isn't able to help out with this as they don't make payments directly to you so I'd suggest talking to your label or distributor and re-escalating this with them since they handle the licensing and distribution of your music, and are the ones who administer your royalties.

Here's some information about how Royalties are calculated from the Spotify for Artists site which you can find here: 

Spotify distribute the net revenue from Premium subscription fees and ads to rights holders. To calculate net revenue, we subtract the money we collect but don’t get to keep. This includes payments for things like taxes, credit card processing fees, and billing, along with some other things like sales commissions. From there, the rights holder’s share of net revenue is determined by stream share.

Spotify calculate streamshare by tallying the total number of streams in a given month and determining what proportion of those streams were people listening to music owned or controlled by a particular rights holder.

Contrary to what you might have heard, Spotify does not pay artist royalties according to a per-play or per-stream rate; the royalty payments that artists receive might vary according to differences in how their music is streamed or the agreements they have with labels or distributors.

Keep Well,

Suggested posts