Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I can only see audiobooks in German. How may I change the default language?

I can only see audiobooks in German. How may I change the default language?

See, it's weird: My Spotify is in English, my Windows is in English... and yet I only find German audiobook results. Maybe it's because I'm logged in with a German Facebook account, since I don't believe that I gave Spotify permission to track my location (and thus know that I'm currently in Germany).

Point is, how may I change the default language of the results that I see?

When I search for "Ken Follett", for example, I only see the German versions of his books, though when I search for "Winter of the World" (one of his novels) directly, it does come up with its English version.

58 Replies

It seems this thread is full of Swiss people.

+1 .. Please, at least give us one of the other languages of the country.

Also, please add some specific audiobook controls, as the titles are usually too long, there's no "played" indicator and no option to automatically remove tracks from a playlist after they were played. Audiobooks with more than 15 tracks are pretty unusable. 😉

+1, no Swiss this time, just a simple german who likes to listen to some stuff in original language, and have no intention to create a fake bank account anywhere for this, sorry, rather ridiculous... 

... Pleaaaase Mr. and / or Mrs. Spotify, solve this!!

Thanks in advance for any taken efforts, because there nothing to thank for in the past unfortunately...

S

I'm Canadian in Canada with a Canadian account and still mostly german Audiobooks. I think they just dont offer the english copies. Maybe some sort licensing issue. Anyway still pretty aggravating. Please fix this Spotify!

Another Swiss speaking French here, still can't see any audiobooks in an other language than German. Ridiculous. Please fix this ASAP.

I have the Family subscription, and have no intention in changing the bank adress...

THANK YOU in advance for fixing this issue...

Adding my voice here, have the same problem and even  the workaround of changing country doe not work! In the profile editor the field ´country’ is grayed out....

@ Spotify please allow audiobook language choice, the country of residence CANNOT be the selection value!

I live in Germany, but would like the freedom to choose the language I listen to. This limitation needs to change, we do not live in a monolingual world dictated by borders.

I think it depends on your region

Adding my voice to this. I don't speak German. Please give us English audiobooks.

Yet, maybe another reason to drop spotify service.

Hi @dma555,

yes, I get your point. It would be nice if users can choose a default language for podcasts, audiobooks or music suggestions in the language they prefer.

You can vote for that idea here

Maybe you can add a comment under that post / idea that the reason you vote for it is mainly podcasts and audiobooks (since the original post / idea is more about local recommendations for music).

Good luck and have a nice day

Hi,
i have the same issue. I'm swiss and french is my mother tongue. My windows is in english, yet, audiobooks are in german. Please fix this as this is really getting annoying

I voted for the idea.. this seems to be an old issue with no solution yet.

Why would Spotify assume everyone living in some country speaks a certain language is beyond me. German is literally meaningless to me and I am not able to properly search the audiobooks.. This shouldn't be a feature request but rather a bug fix, as we are not allowed to use features we already pay for.

Hello everyone, very sorry to hear you all experience this!
The cause for this issue may be that some songs/audiobooks are not available in certain regions. The availability of content in certain regions are selected by the Artist/Record Label or in this case the Author. Region limitations could be because of marketing reasons or copyright laws.

I’d recommend reaching out to the Author or Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps!

Have a nice day! 

same problem but im in the US and so is my account which is really weird

sorry but I cant believe this is a valid reason not to provide a feature letting us choose the podcasts language.
I was looking for an English podcast, I typed in the name and I found it immediately.

it would be a pity to miss out so much good content in English, no matter where you are from.

I consider this a major design flaw. I want to see books in other languages than German and I don't want to go through loops and faking of my address for this.

I can't believe Spotify never fixed this issue (the topic is from 2016) and didn't even bother to reply.

your customer service seem to be quite poor, honestly said.

This is a bug that ruins the Spotify experience of many users.

I couldn’t agree more! Who isthe Spotify marketing manager for Switzerland?

...And as you can see - everyone has this problem, and Spotify with not - under any circumstance - find a solusion for this

Suggested posts