Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I can’t generate Blend playlists - option is not available in my app

I can’t generate Blend playlists - option is not available in my app

Title says it all.  Friends have sent me invites to their playlists, but I can’t ask others to create a Blend from my app.  Why isn’t it showing up in my app?  I’m on iOS and app is fully updated.

11 Replies

Hey @1213072704 ,

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues to create a Blend playlist. You can find more general information about this option here

If after checking the article above you still don't see the option, please follow the steps on this guide to do a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device.

In case that doesn't work, please let me know the following:

• Your device
  • Operating system
  • Version of Spotify app installed
  • If possible, a screenshot of the options that show up on your playlist

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

Hi Brunelicia,

I appreciate the response.  Unfortunately, this did not solve the issue.  I think the issue here is that Spotify's app shuffles around what shows up on your home screen every time you open it (I don't know who at Spotify made this decision but it only complicates the ability to use their app.  Every time I open it, it looks different than the last time and makes it difficult to find what I'm looking for). 

Because of this, the options available in the "Made for You" section are different each time it's opened.  Right now, I'm given Daily Mixes 1-6, Daily Drive, Daily Wellness, Discover Weekly, and Release Radar.  I've seen several other playlists included in this list in the past, but the app will randomly shuffle them in and out of the "Made for You" section without warning, or the ability to find them once they've been moved out. I don't doubt that the Blend option is available, but I can't get to it right now and there's no other way to access it. 

Very frustrating decision on Spotify's part to shuffle the app around every time it's opened.

Hi @1213072704,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

At the moment, the positioning of the Blend feature should remain the same, which is right at the top of the Made for You section. 

If you're not able to see it there, please send us a screenshot showing what you see after you access Made for You. 

Also, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

Lastly, please don't forget to send us the info that @Brunelicia asked for. 

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the response.  Here's what I'm using -

-iPhone 8 Plus

-iOS 14.6

-Spotify Version 8.6.50.969 

I also provided screenshots from my app.  Apologies for the poor attempt at joining all screenshots into one picture.

Made for You.png

Hey there @1213072704,

Thanks for the reply and the screenshots.

Can you try doing a clean reinstall of the app on your device. Please follow this Guide exactly.

Let us know if you can see Blend in the Made for You section afterwards.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi again,

Unfortunately, after following those steps and reinstalling the application, the Made for You section looks exactly as it did before (Release Radar, Daily Mix 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, Daily Drive, Daily Wellness, and Discover Weekly).

Hey @1213072704,

Thank you for your swift reply. 

It's very odd the Blend feature doesn't show on your account. In this case, we suggest you contact our folks from Customer Support who can take a deeper look into your account. Here is the link.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator

Just thought I'd keep you updated - I spoke with a customer service rep from Spotify and she said that she needed to turn on that feature for me to use.  It will take a few days for it to show up in my app.  I think it's because the feature is still in beta testing, which I didn't realize.  

Thanks all who took the time to respond, you're all rockstars!

Hey @1213072704,

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. 

It's great the rep from Customer Service was able to enable the feature for you. Hope you can start enjoying it very soon.

If you ever need us again, we're just one message away.

MafeGModerator

For anyone who has this issue in the future the nice tech rep. had me search blend in the search bar and it came up with no problem. 

Tap on the Search button at the bottom of the app. Don’t type anything in the search bar. Instead, scroll down to the “Made for you” tile and tap it. You’ll find the Create a Blend tile under “Made for two” along with any Blend playlists already created.

Suggested posts