Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Ik wil muziek downloaden op spotify en ik krijg onderstaande tekst ??

Ik wil muziek downloaden op spotify en ik krijg onderstaande tekst ??

Limiet van apparaat bereikt. Verwijder alle downloads van een ander apparaat om met dit apparaat offline te luisteren.
14 Replies

Hi @bergeijk, welcome to the Spotify Community. 

We hope you don't mind us replying in English as it's the Community's official language. 

Now, we understand you're unable to download music as you receive an error saying you've reached the limit. Keep in mind that Premium users can only download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices.

So, if you've already reached the song limit in one device, you'll need to free up some space (in that device) to be able to download new songs. However, if you already have 5 offline devices and want to download songs to a sixth device, then you'll need to remove all downloads from one of the first 5 offline devices (simply reinstall the app in the device you want to remove). You can find more info about offline listening here.

Lastly, if you believe you haven't reached this limit, then we suggest reaching our Customer Support team so they can further check your account. You can find how to reach them here

We hope this helped shed some light on the situation. If you need us again, the Community will be here for you. 

Cheers.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Bedankt voor je uitleg.

Lukt nog steeds niet. Hoe of waar kan ik zien op welke overige apparaten de overige 4 gebruikers zitten. Dan kan ik op die apparaten kijken. Heb ook al een keer alle downloads en cache gewist op mijn apparaat, dat helpt ook niet.

mvg Jos Fleerakkers

Hey @bergeijk,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here. 

Unfortunately, there is no such information to be observed, about which exact devices are having your Spotify logged on them. If you're not sure you can choose to log out from everywhere from here. Note that downloads that are on devices, which have not been online form more than 30 days, will get automatically deleted as well. 

It's also worthwhile to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your devices, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data and downloads will cause interference with the new installation of your app.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions. 

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Spotify,

My daugther just installed Spotify on her new iPhone and wiped her old one completely. But she can't download her songs for offline listening on her new phone - "limit is reached". With the web browser I forced a logout on all devices. But still I can't download as well.

I can think of 2 other phones that currently have active downloads, but as the limit is 5 I don't think we reach that.

How can I see what is currently using downloads, or make a fresh start with downloads on all my phones?

Kind regards

Baldewijn

Hey there @Baldewijn,

Thanks for the post.

The limit for offline music is 5 devices per account. This means 5 phones or PCs. 

If you want to download music on more devices, you'd first need to disable all playlists/ albums/ podcasts downloaded for offline listening on one of the older devices which you don't use. This has to be done manually on the device. You can also clear the app data and cache from either the Spotify app itself or from the app settings on your phone.

In general we don't recommend sharing one account with multiple users, as that's a security risk and might cause inconveniences like this. You can check out the Premium Family plan, allowing up to 6 family members to have their own Premium account under one bill.

If you're sure that there are less that 5 devices with offline content downloaded on them, your daughter can run a clean reinstall of the app, following this guide. Sometimes when you transfer your data from one phone to the other, certain files get corrupted and can cause such issues. The clean reinstall process assures that everything that could be possible corrupted is wiped clean.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Hey, 

Unfortunately, I have the same struggles; I can not download songs on my new phone...

I have signed in on a PC and phone and downloaded songs to play just for a 'temporary period'.  Next to these devices some other devices (3 devices; my stolen phone, another phone and another PC) were logged in. So I think I reached the limit of 5 devices during that temporary period. However I logged out on all those devices and only logged in on my new phone, another phone and PC (3 devices).

Now I am logged in on my new phone but I can not download songs....
and I am sure I am not reaching the limit of downloads on the PC and the other phone.

Does someone has an advice for me so I can download songs on my new phone?

Hey @Nao0m,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you don't have access to a device, that you've downloaded content on, you'll have to wait for at least 30 days from the moment the device has been last connected to the internet and the app has been running in online mode. After this period the downloads will be removed automatically and you'll be able to use another offline device.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Dear, I was wondering if you have found one solution yet. I am just having the same problem.
Thanks in advance. Mauro

Hi there @maurogordts52,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

You can check our moderator posts above for the possible solutions to this issue. 

Let us know if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

i'm having the exact same problem now i'm only able to use my phone for offline listening since my pc decided not to loggin anymore because of a bug that's been going around microsoft windows 11 and i had to reset my entire pc so i was unable to remove the downloads from my pc and so im only able to use one device offline please does anybody know how to fix this is so anoying (please bring back the offline devices option on the internet browser / device) 

Hey @Sharontjuh,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, you can contact our Customer Support team, so they can help you to remove the offline devices from your account. You can find out how to contact them here.

On another note, another user had the same idea: Bring Back the Offline Devices List page and they posted it in our ideas board. Even though the status is set as Not right now, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote and subscribing to the idea to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share of this feature. 

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Same problem here! My son installed on his new phone after removing all the downloads from his old one. Keeps getting the notification that we've reached 5 devices (which is not true, just switched one phone for a new one) 

Hey there @testje1

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community. 

In this case, we suggest that you ask your son to reach out directly to our Support team on the link @AlejaR sent previously so they can take a closer look at his account and further assist him with this. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Are you serious? Why does Spotify does not have a normal page to manage your devices? Why we have to wait 30 days before an old phone which is already cleaned if from the list? I'm really surprised by this level of service. Just trying to get people on higher plan, that is my thinking. 

Suggested posts