Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Industrial / EBM / Dark electro category

Industrial / EBM / Dark electro category

When browsing radio stations or genres, one thing I find is blatantly missing - a Industrial / EBM / Dark electro category.

I listen to a lot of VNV Nation, Front Line Assembly, KMFDM, Nitzer Ebb, etc, but this music is difficult to find unless you happen upon someone else's playlist.  Electronic Dance Music (EDM) is the closest thing, but it really is COMPLETELY different than what I listen to.  Can we get a category for the 'darker' side of electronic music?

11 Replies

Hey @XiticiX I think the best place to gain support for this is a new post in the Idea Exchange. As that gains kudos we can pass it on to the teams in charge of Browse. 

I also recommend starting a thread in the Genre board to easily meet other users that listen to Industrial/ EDM/ Dark Electro music too. With a community here you can quickly share/ start collaborative playlists. 

Our music genre is not the most popular, but that just means there are a lot of people missing out.

Here is my playlist, you can give a listen and see if there is some new bands for you to check out.

https://open.spotify.com/user/sirovenmitt/playlist/0itcIoeBmsHGSO0VEqrme8

Hello, 

Though your post is quite old now, here is something that might please you : 

https://open.spotify.com/track/42g3CHoMJQFxEOu4afaLgg?si=o3Pme6QnTQy0P55vGv0hBg

Anyway we will try to search for things about this kind of playlist and share;

All our best,

We Are The Line

Hello! I love your playlist! I was wondering if you could add this band to it? 

https://open.spotify.com/artist/4e81KOQcZaq4rdh1NhKjhM

Must not love it enough to follow it right? lol will check your stuff
out sometime today.

Yes been a long time since I made this post. I have never stopped updating this playlist with new music that I hand pick. I never spam add songs from albums, it must be something that truley sounds worthy. Been working and listening to this playlist since 2012. We have lost some truely great sounding bands in that time.

Hey! Thought you should add this track to the Dark Electro playlist and your library if you like it! **bleep** playlist by the way! 

https://open.spotify.com/track/5ZHd4LAa74PtnLhxriWxOf?si=WonpGXwOSeqRMtOb69BzXQ

The Toxic Avenger "Black" new 2019 single - (electro/single)

And it's the first original track released on his own label, Enchanté Records.

* The Toxic Avenger is a well known french electro producer. He produced 5 albums since 10 years, won the best Video game music (2016), the Best Fantastic Movie’s Music for « the anime film Mutafukaz" (Gerardmer Int. Fantastic Festival in 2018) and did plenty of gigs in Europe (DJ and live). He did a lot of synchs (Nissan Qashqaï, Ubisoft, Need for Speed..). Toxic released his 5th ‘‘album in december 2018. 

And regardless of trends, his international fan base is a growing one. (200K Spotify monthly subscribers and more than one million of streams by month.

Enjoy,
christophe

---------------------

Christophe Tastet / Enchanté Records/ CEO-Label Manager 

Enchanté Records : The Toxic Avenger, Maxence Cyrin, Sergeï, Echo, Cluss Trover, Greg Kozo, ...

Booking: The Toxic Avenger, Greg Kozo

Office : 33 rue de Crussol, 75011 Paris /

www.facebook.com/EnchanteRecords / *snip*

Hey there @enchanterecords,

thanks for posting in the community !

I truly belive that if you wish users posting their interpatation or inputs to the same style of music, the playlist exchange section is the best place to do so.

In addition, you should totaly check the ideas section and post your requests or ideas.

Hope this helps 😃

Suggested posts