Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Iron Maiden - Live After Death and Rock In Rio. Spotify is still missing the latest 2015 remasters

Iron Maiden - Live After Death and Rock In Rio. Spotify is still missing the latest 2015 remasters

Whatever the reason is, it seems Spotify is still missing the latest remasters from 2015 of 2 Iron Maiden milestone live-albums: "Live After Death" and "Rock In Rio".

These 2 were previously released on vinyl and digital-downloads, now last friday they were released on cd and I though that they would be available here for streaming aswell.

The 2 albums in 2015 remastering are available for streaming on Apple Music and Tidal but not Spotify.

Can you please check and see why is it so?

9 Replies

Hey there @Samppa3

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you aren't able to find the live albums Live After Death and Rock In Rio by Iron Maiden on Spotify it's possible that the releases aren't currently available in your country. 

Spotify works hard to constantly add music to its content database. We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. Alternatively, you can always contact the artist or record label with your query as well. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Can you check and verify if you have them available? I don't know the country you live in but still curious.

For Live After Death I have only seen the 1998 remaster all the time on Spotify and it hasn't changed at all.

I think it might be possible that Apple Music or Tidal has some sort of deal as atleast Apple Music had them available few years ago already.

If you or anybody else has those albums available, please respond here with screenshot to prove it.

Im gonna ask from couple different forums and sources and friends from different countries. Maybe they will provide me info and help if these 2 albums are even available at the moment, which is weird because all the other albums are correct, only these 2 album are not the recent editions.

Unless Spotify-staff or any other can provide me any info I will try to find this thing somewhere else and will share the info here later.  I will let you know later if happen to find anything. Let me know if you can help on this. Thanks.

Currently Spotify, Google Play Music and Deezer have wrong older masterings for these 2 albums in following countries: UK, Ireland, Finland
Apple Music has the correct 2015 editions and Qobuz + Tidal offer them in hi-res 24bit/96kHz.

Hey @Samppa3,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

I’m joining @Ivan to add that you can do the following in order to request a different version of a song/album to be featured on Spotify in place of the current version:

• Get in touch with the related artists' label on social media or their site!

• You can fill out this form to register your interest.

• In the meantime, you can import local files to your Spotify library.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Are you absolutely sure that it is really my concern to ask Iron Maiden to add their remasterings to Spotify? I think it's up to your representatives to do those things, contracts, negotiations and such.

I can try to send some email to Iron Maiden but I hope that you would somehow fix this instead. Let me know here.

Ok, Spotify people and mods here. Please attach screenshots of the albums if you have them available for streaming (whatever the country is that you're living in).

Im willing to bet that you don't have those albums. Prove me wrong.

Ok, based on what I've seen and heard, maybe Spotify will get updated files somewhere down the line similar to other streaming-services.

I will wait and see how this goes. I will contact customer-service if I need to ask anything.

Anyways, this thread can be locked by mods or archived and no need to keep it open anymore.

Spotify still has the incorrect masterings of these 2 live-albums.

Especially Live After Death should be the current mastering released in 2015 as other services do have that one.

Can you check and ask why there hasn't been any update on the files?

Suggested posts