Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Is there any way to randomize your playlists to EVERY song by an artist

Is there any way to randomize your playlists to EVERY song by an artist

Hi all,

Maybe i'm the exception to the rule but i would really prefer that Spotify truly randomize all songs from an artists catalogue for play lists. Example, i like Pavement who have at least 8 full length release plus more eps etc. I would love it if Spotify could insert ANY and EVERY song into the appropriate play list. For whatever reason, it seems like Carrot Rope and Range Life get a "push" to appear on every playlist. Good songs but if i wanted to hear the same two songs over and over I would just play them....but i don't. I love music, i love spotify, i just want the algorithm to "surprise me" with more juicy nuggets from their catalogue. I could say the same thing about the 100s of other bands i like and enjoy. The algorithm needs to let its hair down. Is there any way to control this?

Thanks

1 Reply

>>  . . . truly randomize all songs from an artist's catalogue

Yes, there is a way!

And I am asking my friends for useful fixes to make this faster and easier-- but the horde of Spotify censors with the powers came through and ripped up the solutions from the last conference on this problem.  So we shall see how much of this thread survives this time.

Why is just shuffling the tracks on the artist's profile overview not satisfactory?-- such as by the following steps:

* Turn on your Spotify shuffle

* Then doubleClick on any track to start the shuffled play of the tracks displayed in the Pavement artist's profile overview.

Why can't you get satisfaction from just shuffling the tracks in the Pavement artist's profile overview?

Or maybe that is satisfactory-- What do you find?

Suggested posts