Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Issues starting a thread on the playlist exchange

Issues starting a thread on the playlist exchange

Hi

I'm experiencing problems when attempting to start a topic/thread to share a playlist. I'm tried several times using different ISP (firefox, chrome and IE) as well as with different devices (desktop pc, laptop, tablet [apple and android] but the results are the same.

Whenever creating the listing I follow the same protocol as here and then paste the Spotify URI within the appropriate field, at that time I can see the image for the playlist form and the accompaning text but when I select post I get an error message stating the need for the URI even though it was entered and displayed during the preview.

I've checked to make sure the playlist was not private or had been shared previously to no avail. Are there any additional troubleshooting methods I can try?

Thank you for your time.

3 Replies
Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

Hi kfallsjr, I was wondering if you're including your user URI before the playlist URI code when you try to start a topic in the Playlist Exchange? It should look like this when you post your playlist in the Playlist Exchange:

spotify:user:xxxxxxxxxx:playlist:xxxxxxxxxx

If your URI code is missing the "user:xxxxxxxxxx" part, you can find your user URI by clicking the 3 dots next to your username at the top of your Spotify profile, selecting “Share,” and then “Copy Spotify URI.” Then paste it in front of the playlist URI code, and delete one of the redundant "spotify:" so it looks like the example above.

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@TreyAnastasio

Your suggestion worked. Thank you!

Suggested posts