Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Jem - 2016 albums?!?!

Jem - 2016 albums?!?!

Hello - is anyone else noticing that there are 3 2016 albums (We've Only Just Begun, Both Sides Now, amd Cloudbusting) by an artist named Jem, that don't appear to be her work? I swear, and the internet tells me, that Jem's last album was Down to Earth in 2008. Additionally, these 3 2016 albums sound nothing like her. Thoughts? I think there could be another artist out there going by Jem, I'm almost positive it is not the same singer.

5 Replies

I started casually listening to one of them last night, and thought, "my gosh, Jem must be going through a serious Kate Bush phase," before realizing that I was listening to Kate Bush herself (there's another "Jem" album by Kate Bush, and one that is by the Carpenters). Seems an odd joke by someone at Spotify or one of their suppliers. I'll give them a heads up.

I noticed this as well and reported it to Spotify. I'm thinking the albums may be related to the TV show Jem because "Burning Girl Productions," the album's label, appears to release a lot of TV show soundtracks. But I'm no expert, so don't take my word for it. Hopefully they fix it and Jem's next real album, "Beachwood Canyon," drops soon!

I'm afraid Spotify has not fixed the disambiguations. Those Kate Bush cover albums are definetely not from the JEM we are talking about. I'm afraid there are other bands/artists named "Jem" and that creates confusion. On Spotify you can find her two studio albums "Finally Woken" and "Down To Earth", plus the "I Want You To..." single.

Jem's real next album will be called "Beachwood Canyon" and will be relased this summer.

I just noticed the same thing myself... I was really excited to see a kate bush tribute album by JEM but this is boring....

I first knew something about "Jem" when listening to the T2: Trainspotting soundtrack on Spotify. OK, I'm brazilian, and, until then, Jem was pretty much unknown to me. I liked a lot the song ("Running up that hill"), and I started to search for more of her stuff. I got especially addicted to a George Harrison Tribute album by the artist refered as "Jem". So, the next logical step was to find some information about her... and that was the moment I realized the same thing that brought this forum topic to life (but I kinda realized it backwardly compared to you, 'cuz at first I heard "the other" Jem music). Any clue about this mistery? Just two singers under the same moniker?

Suggested posts