Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Kannada Category

Kannada Category

Hi Spotify,

We have noticed that the 'Kannada' language category is missing in main artists search category in Spotify when there are other Indian languages like 'Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi'. Kannada is a widely spoken language in Karnataka (captial Bangalore - known as the silicon city of India).

We notice a lot of songs from the Kannada Film Industry also known as sandalwood has been added and there are a lot of Listeners on Spotify who listen to Kannada music/songs everyday.

I request you to add/create a category for the Kannada Language on behalf of Kannada listeners. 

I would be very happy to help if you need my help in of form .

Thank You

5 Replies

Spotify-created albums are already present for Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi. But, languages like Kannada lack the presence that users would like. According to the user preferences, the albums and songs have to be recommended. Please work on your recommendation system.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward - We always aim to improve, so we'll make sure to get this passed on to the right teams.

Have a lovely day 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I feel spotify should give importance to all launguage in india because not everyone from south indian likes hearing telugu or Tamil songs there are other languages to like kannada, Malayalam  songs even when I select only kannada songs I am not recommended with kannada songs are playlist instead I am recommend with Tamil playlists and telugu which i feel is not good I feel kannada songs should also get same importance like other south indian launguage songs please add kannada playlists also 

We need right artist playlists in Kannada S Janaki famous sang highest number of Kannada Songs in her career, SPB second highest, Sonu Nigam and Shreya duo sings more and better kannada songs than Hindi, We want deserved recognition 

Please include languages like "Kannada" in the genre. I've added a support ticket but got no resolve.
Many other Music services has it, what's preventing Spotify.

Suggested posts