Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Limit to 'offline' playlists?

Solved!

Limit to 'offline' playlists?

I just spotted something in your FAQ about a limit of 3,333 tracks offlined? Is this true, and if so can you explain why? I realise as you need to re-sync updated tracks for all sorts of reasons, if someone has thousands of tracks offline then they could be re-syncing forever - but I have sort of got into the habit of offlining ever since the problems we had with BT throttling Spotify! It's great having a streaming service for music discovery, but here in the UK our broadband infrastructure is so flaky we can't rely on being able to use your service all the time if we don't offline. I tend to offline anything I 'collect', am I not using Spotify as you expect I should I wonder?

138 Replies

I agree, it would be worth the 14.99 or 19.99 a month for better music quality and unlimted offline downloads. They might be surprised how many people would pay for it considering Tidal isn't that great for 20 bucks because it doesn't have as much music. 

So I can’t decide how big my playlist should be? I need someone from Spotify to teach me how to make playlists? I think this limit should be increased immediately to a substantial number (at least 10k) and I should be free to decide however many songs I want in my playlist.

Hi I am receiving the message on my ipad that I have reached the limit of devices that I can have dowloaded songs stored on. I have just bought a new iphone and guess that my old iphone is being counted in the three devices. I need my playlists available on my ipad, new iphone and mac book air. Happy to remove access to them on my desktop and old phone but don't now how to do this?? The only device giving me the message that this removal will happen is my ipad.

You can have a limit of 3,333 offline downloads on 3 different devices, hope that helps. 

Make sure that only 3 devices have 3,333 offline downloads on the phone. 

To be honest I cannot understand why Spotify isn't changing the limit cap to something higher like 10.000 (just like Apple Music) on one device. It's completely useless for me to have the option to save up to 10.000 songs on three devices when there is only one device I'm using.

I've been a long time Spotify user, but this clearly shows me that Spotify doesn't give a darn about their users wishes and/or ideas so I will move to Apple Music. I would come back anytime if Spotify is changing this issue.

Last night I hit the 3,333 song wall.  I had no idea there was such a limit and this is a total deal breaker for me.  I've been a paying customer since 2012, currently subscribing to the Premium for Family.  I would hate to leave but again this is a deal breaker for me. Are there any plans to change this pointless limit or should I just start moving my playlists to Google or Apple?

There are rumors that they are coming out with unlimited offline downloads
and CD quality sound like Tidal has. It would probably more expensive but I
think it'll be worth it.

Mmmm. Interesting.

That's wonderful news. I'd pay more for this.

I wouldn't pay a single dime more. Google Family costs exactly the same and
has no limits on downloads. So, good luck, Spotify.

I hit the 3,333 song wall right now.  I had no idea there was such a limit and this is a total deal breaker for me.  I've been a paying customer since 2012, currently subscribing to the Premium for Family.  I would hate to leave but again this is a deal breaker for me. Are there any plans to change this pointless limit or should I just start moving my playlists to Google or Apple?

Needs to change or they are loosinme as a customer! I have been a customer for over 5 years, recently reached my limit. Does Apple Music have this limit, because there price and catalog are pretty close.

It does not how many devices you have! Turn the brains on please!!

10,000 song playlist. That's a joke. I easily hit that mark. This needs to change!

Someone show Spotify how to run a music site, obviously they don't know how.

We are not looking for excuses. We are looking for a fix. Also, the number of devices is irrelevant. Turn on your brain please.

Like ik it's a streaming service and u kinda need a cap at some point but 3,000 is a low cap in this time of music new songs and artists coming out every day. You can do better Spotify

Hey!

I have Spotify Family, Premium.

I listen to music in 5 different devices with the same account. what happens is that I have downloaded music in 3 of them, which in total is way less than 3 000 tracks, but it keeps 'undownoading' in some of them when I download a new playlist in the other.

If the limit to downoaded tracks is 3.333 songs why is this happening?

The only time songs undownload for me is when i haven’t played them for a while. There is a time limit, not sure what it is?

I just paid for 3 months of a subscription in order to find out this limitation. 

I could hardly believe that such service would have this ridiculous small cap.

This tread is from 2013. It is now 2018 and Spotify did not do a thing.

It has been proved once more that Spotify is arrogantly deaf to their premium costumers needs. 

It is ok for a free service with the advertisments, but a terrible paid service.

Of course I will not pay for premium anymore. 

Suggested posts