Limit to 'offline' playlists?

Solved!

Re: Limit to 'offline' playlists?

user-removed
Not applicable
I have been using spotifuggle for a couple of years without any problems, However because of this limit and the way that is is killing ALL OF MY PLAYLISTS I no longer feel it's a trustworthy source of music. I create playlists which take valuable time and effort, make them available offline, only to have spotifuggle, kill them off so I can no longer use them.
I have no choice but to find a more reliable source of streaming and as such will not be recommending spotifuggle to any body ever again.
Very disappointed in this matter,
Kevin Bennett

Eleannasorensen
I've been a premium subscriber for years now and have found Spotify to the least glitchy of other music streaming services. I would gladly pay a few dollars more for an increase in that, any music lover would know that being forced to prioritize your favorite songs isn't a real way to listen music. If this limit doesn't get increased or even better, thrown away entirely then I will switch to a more glitchy service without that limit. We shouldn't have to pay to get cut off.

mrthody
Regular

Exactly...the whole point of the premium service is to download and listen offline. I have been a subscriber for literally 48 hours and I've already hit the limit...this is total garbage. As soon as Apple Music plays nice with Sonos I will be ditching Spotify...this is a pointless limitation.

jpinto3488
Regular

I'm looking at Apple Music because of this limit. I prefer Spotify, but I need more than 3000 songs offline. If Spotify won't remove this limit soon, I think it will loose some paying customers.

C'mon, it doesn't make sense to have such a limit and is something you could really easily change. 

kmassao

Spotify only lately this has given me a headache, was using 3 devices and he told me he was 4, had to leave and re-download.

Now I come to this limit in each device. I will check this limitation on other services if there is, goodbye spotify.

SuperiorKungFu
Casual Listener

If you are listening Spotify, next actions for you regarding this offline device limit of 3,333 tracks per device -

1. Document it in an official location - in other words, be transparent about the limitations of your service.

2. Spotify apps that support offline downloads should tell the user when the limit is reached. For example, in iOS when you hit the limit, currently you just see Waiting to download and there are tons of people wasting tons of time troubleshooting that, when they are just hitting this hard limit and don't realize it, because the app doesn't tell them they have hit the limit.

3. Renegotiate whatever licensing deals are responsible for this 3,333 track per device limit and raise it to something more reasonable (assuming licensing is actually the reason for the limit).

I bought a 128GB iPhone to have lots of space for offline music and to avoid data overages due to streaming music. 3,333 tracks at Extreme download quality uses ~40GB, so I have ~60GB of unused, insanely overpriced Apple storage, and need to frequently prune my playlists, because of this arbitrary limit.

Even if you made the small change of allowing all 10,000 tracks to be on a single device - then folks could max out a 128 GB phone.

I would love to hear the argument from the music labels for why they think a 3,333 track per device limit makes them more money. Do they think I'm going to hit the limit and start buying CDs and ripping them to my phone? That ship sailed 10 years ago.

mrthody
Regular
They don't care at all. I have moved over to Deezer and absolutely love it. I would give them a whirl.

Decembers_Shado

I'm really upset by this limit, if the 3,333 offline song limit had been said outright by Spotify, I wouldn't have been nearly as disappointed as I am now. My computer crashed along with the 10K+ songs I had on there and I was hoping that by having a premium account with Spotify I could re-accumalte those songs and listen to them offline. After all this work trying to gather up my collection again I find out (after refreshing and sigining in and out of my app multiple times because I thought it was just being glitchy) that there's a 3,333 song limit. I feel like I wasted my time all over again. The the main reason I got a premuim account was for the (supposed) offline benefits. Isn't that why most people get a premium account anyway?

Like, what is even the point of having a premium account if the offline service has such a restrictive limit??

richbigman
Music Fan
I might have to switch to a competitor. I only use one device for spotify and its getting infuriating managing offline playlists as I keep hitting the limit. Seems bizarre that you can't have all your offline tracks on one device

richbigman
Music Fan
Actually I do use another device but thats my home PC and that's always connected to wireless internet so never have to use offline.
SUGGESTED POSTS