Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Little River Band - Diamantina Cocktail

Solved!

Little River Band - Diamantina Cocktail

You have this album but with the wrong song arangment here is the arangment that should be 

1. Help is on Its Way, 2. Days on The Road 3. Happy Anniversary 4. Another Runway

5. Everyday of My Life, 6. Home on Monday 7. The Inner Light, 8. Broke Again
9. Take Me Home

some of these are in the list you have and some are not as well as songs that at the very least don't apier on the copy that I have.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Diamantina_cocktail.jpg

Hey, @PatrickHallberg, I bought Diamantina Cocktail as a kid and haven't listened to it in years. Your question really brought back some memories for me!

So here's the story: There are two versions of Diamantina Cocktail — an Australian version that came out in April 1977 and an international version that came out a few months later, once "Help Is on Its Way" started climbing that charts.

spotify:track:64RnIqEMPUPx3MTzPwcfKO:small

The international version — the one you and I are familiar with — is a nine-track album that combines cuts from the original Diamantina Cocktail and the group's previous Australian album, After Hours. The version on Spotify has the original Australian track listing.

This sort of thing used to be fairly common with acts as they began to find international success after they already had achieved some renown in their native countries. The most famous case is The Beatles: British and American fans grew up with markedly different catalogs - albums with the same names but different track listings, as well as compilations in one country that the other never saw. (When The Beatles catalog moved into the CD and streaming ages, everybody got only the British versions of the albums.)

As I've pieced things together, here's what happened with Little River Band: They released their first album in 1975 and achieved enough success, particularly with "It's a Long Way There," that their manager started pushing them in other countries and secured a U.S. record deal.
spotify:track:7vMS7xSaSUwpirgzD346Q6:small

But by the time "It's a Long Way There" finally made its way onto U.S. airwaves, the Little River Band was ready with its second album, After Hours. The U.S. label passed on After Hours, but when "Help Is on Its Way" took off worldwide, the label took their favorite songs from that album and the Australian version of Diamantina Cocktail and released that compilation. By the time Sleeper Catcher, came out in May 1978, the Australian and American labels were on the same page, and that album — with its massive, worldwide smash "Reminiscing" — was the same everywhere.

spotify:track:34D6mvDTAPypm92EPs8Rxa:small

If you want to listen to the album the way you remember it (and why wouldn't you?), my suggestion would be to create a playlist recreating it with the tracks from the two Australian albums. That's what some of my American friends have had to do to experience The Beatles albums from their youth.

Hope this answers your question!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Diamantina_cocktail.jpg

Hey, @PatrickHallberg, I bought Diamantina Cocktail as a kid and haven't listened to it in years. Your question really brought back some memories for me!

So here's the story: There are two versions of Diamantina Cocktail — an Australian version that came out in April 1977 and an international version that came out a few months later, once "Help Is on Its Way" started climbing that charts.

spotify:track:64RnIqEMPUPx3MTzPwcfKO:small

The international version — the one you and I are familiar with — is a nine-track album that combines cuts from the original Diamantina Cocktail and the group's previous Australian album, After Hours. The version on Spotify has the original Australian track listing.

This sort of thing used to be fairly common with acts as they began to find international success after they already had achieved some renown in their native countries. The most famous case is The Beatles: British and American fans grew up with markedly different catalogs - albums with the same names but different track listings, as well as compilations in one country that the other never saw. (When The Beatles catalog moved into the CD and streaming ages, everybody got only the British versions of the albums.)

As I've pieced things together, here's what happened with Little River Band: They released their first album in 1975 and achieved enough success, particularly with "It's a Long Way There," that their manager started pushing them in other countries and secured a U.S. record deal.
spotify:track:7vMS7xSaSUwpirgzD346Q6:small

But by the time "It's a Long Way There" finally made its way onto U.S. airwaves, the Little River Band was ready with its second album, After Hours. The U.S. label passed on After Hours, but when "Help Is on Its Way" took off worldwide, the label took their favorite songs from that album and the Australian version of Diamantina Cocktail and released that compilation. By the time Sleeper Catcher, came out in May 1978, the Australian and American labels were on the same page, and that album — with its massive, worldwide smash "Reminiscing" — was the same everywhere.

spotify:track:34D6mvDTAPypm92EPs8Rxa:small

If you want to listen to the album the way you remember it (and why wouldn't you?), my suggestion would be to create a playlist recreating it with the tracks from the two Australian albums. That's what some of my American friends have had to do to experience The Beatles albums from their youth.

Hope this answers your question!

Suggested posts