Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local Files trouble

Local Files trouble

I know everyone's first response is going to be "Google it" or "This has already been posted", and I know that's true, but I'm stuck. I have a ton of music files I added to a playlist recently, and they don't show up at all on my phone. If they're in an established playlist, it looks like they aren't there are at all, and if they're in their own playlist, it looks like the playlist has no songs. I've followed Spotify's own guide and a few others, but I seriously have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I'm trying to transfer from Windows to iOS if that matters. Is there anything I'm missing, and does anyone have a more in depth step by step guide? Additionally, none of my files have DRM and they're all mp3s, they should fall in line with Spotify's policy. I tried turning off my firewall, but still the only thing I see when I open the playlist on my phone is the option to add songs like it's fresh. I can still see the playlists and how many songs they have, but when I click on them there's nothing there on my phone.

3 Replies

Hey @jbshay Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I have a couple of questions for you...

1. Do you have premium?
  2. Did you have both phone and computer on at the same time? (No Locked Screen as this may interupt the download)
  3. Are both devices on the same WiFi network?
  4. Do you have a anti-virus software? If yes there might be 2 spotify.exe files in the firewall and make sure that both are allowed

Since you cant see the songs, it could be possible that you missed something and i would recommend redoing the whole process. If the songs are greyed out and you can see them, toggle the download and they should automatically start downloading. 

Keanu_C

1. Yes, I have premium.

2/3. Yes, both my computer and phone were on at the same time and weren't locked or turned off, while also being on the same network.

4. I let both Spotify .exes through the only antivirus I have, Windows Firewall.

It still doesn't work. I tried redoing the process from the beginning, as well as making a new playlist that has only Local Files on it.

Sorry for the late reply. A fellow Rock Star recommended following these steps just in case the one you were following didnt work. Click here to be taken to the solution. Let me know if this works out!

Keanu_C

Suggested posts