Local files replaced by Spotify, incorrect band - Tool vs. The Tool

Solved!

Local files replaced by Spotify, incorrect band - Tool vs. The Tool

japawegian

I have purchased all of the Tool albums in the past, and Tool is not available on Spotify, which is fine. Most of my local files show up in Spotify, but some are by "The Tool" and not "Tool". So I have a few questions:

- How can I listen to my LOCAL file instead of what Spotify offers?

- Can you block or hide artists?

- Can you force Spotify to play a local file and not a Spotify sourced file?

Massively frustrating/infuriating for my OCD. Thank you!

MORE DETAILS for TL/DR

It appears that "The Tool" just ripped some of the songs and placed them on an album called "Metal Heads". I want MY music that I own to show and not some bootleg rip. For example, I want to play:

LOCAL: Tool - 03 - "Sober" on the album Undertow

What shows up is:

SPOTIFY: The Tool - Sober on the album Metal Heads

Thank you!

Spotify - Tool v The Tool.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

bgrantIII
Regular

I fixed mine! I used a meta data editor and changed the artist name on all the songs from Tool to TooI. Don't see the difference? Instead of a lower case L, I used an upper case i, so It looks the same, but becasue the metadata is different it no longer links them. 

Here's a screenshot of Lateralus. As you can see it's no longer by The Tool, on the album Metal Heads, and doesn't have that abomination of an album cover.fullsizeoutput_26fb.jpeg

View solution in original post

41 Replies

bjlemaire

+1, this drives me NUTS.  Also puts "The Tool"'s BS album art.

aznfoo
Community Legend
Before Spotify made some large changes, you DID have the option to "link" or "unlink" tracks from the Spotify database, but as of late, they have removed that function from the Spotify application.
Be sure to show some kudos if the help I give is useful! Don't forget to check out my soundcloud page for daily reposts.

jaguarknight

This is pissing me off too. It's coming from my library, let me name it whatever I want!

LittleLulu

This is going to make me leave spotify and go back to iTunes if they don't fix this....

bgrantIII
Regular

Did anyone ever find a fix for this issue? It's driving me insane!

fpchagz
Casual Listener

I googled for "spotify local songs incorrect" because I have the same problem. Kinda neat to see people having the exact same problem and not just a similar one. This issue is still not resolved. I don't want to listen to "The Tool", I want to listen to Tool...

Edit: At least it scrobbles correctly

bgrantIII
Regular

It makes me sad everytime I see that stupid album art on my phone. I've done it once already, but I suggest everyone go to this link and report the incorrect information. Maybe if enough of us keep reporting it they'll get tired of us and actually fix it. 

I just don't understand how this can even be a problem. Tool isn't in the Spotify catalog, and if you search for that stupid album you can't even find it. It only exists as a middle finger to people who upload local files.

agvogel
Casual Listener

I fixed this by deleting and re-adding the folder for Tool from Settings.

bgrantIII
Regular
I've removed and added several times. Sometimes it seems to fix it but then
it just goes back to "The Tool".

AvsEnFuego
Casual Listener

I've done this multiple times, but it doesn't fix it.

snrckrd
Casual Listener

This drives me mad!

I have reported it through this link  using the 'still need help?' option. Awaiting a response.

snrckrd.com

unit6ix
This is really annoying me; not being able to listen to the songs in the order they were intended plus having wrong artwork etc.

Have reported again to them and used this post as a reference.

trvth
Casual Listener

I've been trying to fix this for hours, ending up on multiple boards. I really WANT this fixed asap! "The Tool" page needs to be taken down. 

Klotti
Casual Listener

I have exacty the same issue.

Is there still no solution for that?

falscher_Künstler_Album.PNG

bgrantIII
Regular
Use the link in one of my comments above to send it to Spotify as incorrect
information. If enough people do it then maybe one day they'll fix it.

Klotti
Casual Listener

I have report the failure hopefully it helps, could you doublecheck if you have the same spotify uri

liste falsche songs.JPG

nspetter

Same issue, this is infuritating. PLEASE FIX

sois
Casual Listener

Me too, this is terrible. I hate "The Tool".

adachan

Same issue.  Still not fixed as of 4/7/2017.

SUGGESTED POSTS