Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lorem: The girl in red is now the girl in Lorem

Lorem: The girl in red is now the girl in Lorem

Spotify has been showing me this curated playlist called Lorem, with the tagline "The girl in red is now the girl in Lorem".

Does anyone know what this means? The only related information I could find on the internet was this reddit post, where it seems that no one else knows what it means (https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/cepisc/lorem_by_spotify_welcome_to_the_world_of_lorem/).

I'm really curious now, and I'm going to get to the bottom of the meaning of this playlist!

8 Replies

OKAY I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to figure this out. The only thing I've found was the Lorem Ipsum reference. IDK if I buy the references to Lolo since she's not even on the playlist anymore? 

Same - can't find ANYTHING regarding the significance of this.  Frankly, I think the tagline is stupid, but so far the playlist is not bad.  

I also found this topic trying to understand what it means, but I see no one know so far

I, too, was plagued. I googled "The Girl In Red music" - has something to do with this artist but not sure the meaning of the Lorem part.  

http://diymag.com/2018/11/27/get-to-know-girl-in-red-interview

I had the same curiosity, and did some research..

The phrase "The Girl In Red" is the stage name of Marie Ulven, the artist in the cover photo. I would assume the reference to "Lorem" has something to do with an upcoming release, as the word Lorem can translate "pain", and much of her music themes death and depression. However, I couldnn't find any news to confirm that theory.

So, there's a start..

This is definitely the best explanation I've heard so far! We'll have to wait for the girl in red's next release to be sure, but the translation of (do)lorem into "pain" suddenly makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for the theory.

Update: That playlist has been on my home page consistantly, for a while now, which has led me to discover "Lorem" is the name of the playlist. Which I still don't get the reason for that name choice, however, that phrase "The Girl in Red is now the girl in Lorem" was just them trying to be cute.

girl in red is a band and lorem is a spotify playlist. i guess girl in red was the cover of lorem one week so it was probably just a cheesy joke about that. nothing to do with any upcoming release.

Suggested posts