Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Many albums have disappeared

Many albums have disappeared

I have been a premium User since many months. Now I have some particular tastes in music. Can Spotify explain to me why should i co tinue to play them and still cannot get the music i want? For example Deathspell Omega's paracletus is missing .. Not to mention even more popular albums or artists (Ramones, where the **bleep** is Ramonesmania?). ., no this is getting to be a joke... And an ugly one... Hope for an answer or at least i can unsubscribe. Lame! 

10 Replies

Hey @8d2_-n8tb7jvg!

Spotify's always working hard to get your favourite tunes. Check out this article for more info on missing content.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My question was and still is whether i am keeping my subscription with Spotify or not, since many of my favs are now missing, whole oreviously i could hear them. So a simple question: are the missing album going to appear again and When? Otherwise i dont see why staying with Spotify.

Hey again @8d2_-n8tb7jvg,

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

Thanks!

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ok that does it. From next month i am gone, no more Spotify **bleep**. I am not coninuing my subscription to something that is basically a very limited playlist.

Hey @8d2_-n8tb7jvg,

We're sorry you feel this way. Rest assured, this article should explain exactly why this happens for some content.

Thanks for voicing your feedback about this, we've made sure that it's passed on to the relevant team.

I just noticed before that the Avenged Sevenfold album The Stage (deluxe edition) has been removed from Spotify. Any particular reason why? Been really into it ATM.

Hey @Connor_ewens.

Sometimes content is removed because of licensing changes. Fingers crossed it'll be back on Spotify soon.

Stay tuned.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi,

I have noticed the "Non Serviam" album of Rotting Christ has been disappeared after many years being in the spotify Discography list. 

I have seen similar issue with other bands in cases where there is a duplication. For example when a remastered or a re-issued e.t.c version is included in the discography list, it happens the same album actually being included twice. So the older copy is removed and the newest one (for i.e. the remastered) is being maintained. Which is OK.

However the afford mentioned Band is my favourite and I am very frustrated since I am paying a monthly subscription in order to hear my favourite music without bothering with mp3s, CDs, sd-cards, usb flash sticks, and generally with copy procedure among all different devices (PC, laptop, mobile, tablet e.t.c.).

I guess something similar is happening with the Rotting Christ band because I noticed that the "Non Seviam" album disappeared from the list when the album "Non Serviam - a 20 year Apocryphal Story" was included in the discography. This album however, does not include any truck from the original album, it contains live material from many studio albums. 

Can somebody confirm if that was the case for the Rotting Christ artist too?

Thank you

Update: Problem solved. The album is included in another album (2 albums in one) named "Passage to Arcturo".  It should normally named as "Passage to Arcturo / Non Serviam"

seems heated. you can check out my album if youd like 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6CYiYjLADcYjPL82wVxx3S

Spotify recently purchased the podcast companies Gimlet and Anchor and intends to pivot away from music into podcasts. They have no incentive to keep paying for expensive music licenses, and those songs will be replaced with the podcasts that Spotify now owns, similar to the way Netflix is dumping its licensed catalog. 

Suggested posts