Many songs disappear from Spotify

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Many songs disappear from Spotify

GoneApostate
Casual Listener

Spotify, you have got to stop shedding so many songs from the a available list. Dont say "we cant control if an artist chooses to remove themselves for the platform" **bleep**. The problem is you can't find a way to be profitable while paying for the licences. You will lose some and gain some, no matter, what but the huge increase in the number of songs getting greyed out is telling a different story. I get that it's hard. Maybe it's impossible. Cutting my Christmas playlist in half is one way to start losing paying subscribers like me really fast. That might just be how you are choosing to go out if you see no other option. It doesnt seem to be protecting you from lawsuits, however. 

Give us our songs back, or maybe just increase the availability for premium subscribers, I dont know, but if you don't figure it out fast, you will lose a lot of us and you wont get us back. That will really be the end. 

Highlighted

maxreiter16
Composer

is it one of ur playlists?

Highlighted

blahsi
Roadie

The song you mentioned by Beck - I found it as part of the Eternal Sunshine soundtrack on US Spotify. Are you able to play it from here?

https://open.spotify.com/track/10bSPg0ThnU22WhTp3OsbF?si=ygUHJLm7QGeaagAGqR0tDw

Highlighted

Petertosh
Casual Listener

Indeed that Beck song is  playable again. But it wasn’t one year ago when I posted my previous message.

For some reason songs come and go making playlists not reliable.

Highlighted

GoneApostate
Casual Listener

Yeah,  so several songs were carried over from importing my personal digital collection,  but those songs aren't obscure and there've remained playable on the list for the last few years.  Same with many of my playlists.  Suddenly huge chucks are getting greyed out. Sure seems like Spotify is letting a lot of their licenses expire or is making a strategic decision to cut expenses by dropping significant portions of their inventory. It's sad. If this is what it costs to maintain a streaming inventory, I'll just go back to buying from the record labels. I could get one new album (or a few older ones) a month and keep it forever, for the money I spend on my family membership at spotify where I lose content regularly and have no assurances what songs will be available. 

Highlighted

blahsi
Roadie
I'm with you. Songs I've had on my playlists since 2011/2012 are no longer available, and these are from albums released in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. Some of the artists' biggest hits, and I can't listen to them through Spotify without importing my own file. It's frustrating. Then I go look at Amazon Unlimited or Apple Music and it's all available.
Highlighted

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4
Spotify doesn't removes the songs.

The artists of the songs removes them.
Some artists do not want the song to be in Spotify.
It could also get removed because of the expiration of the song's music license.
JᴀᴄᴋRock Star 4
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

GoneApostate
Casual Listener
I'm not saying spotify is removing them, I'm saying spotify isnt investing
in retaining them by, say, renewing the licences, etc.
Highlighted

jonel1977
Regular
Highlighted

Inkie
Visitor

same issue here. I can’t understand being able to listen to Poetry by Akua Naru on YT but not on Spotify anymore. 

And every week I discover more of my tunes to be gone. Maybe Deezer or Tindal pays Artists better but wants exclusivity? Time to rethink subscription choice? 

SUGGESTED POSTS