Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Megadeth Remastered Recordings

Solved!

Megadeth Remastered Recordings

Hello, 

I love Spotify and listen to it daily. My main gripe about it (besides not being able to find any AC/DC or Def Leppard) is that nearly all of the Megadeth recordings are the Remastered versions, which I strongly do not appreciate. I grew up listening to the originals. So, everytime I hear a trashy new version of a great song that I love and know very well, I find myself cringing and dashing to fast forward through it . Every time. It's just not the same.

The Megadeth album "Peace Sells But Who's Buying" is offered in two versions (Thank you Spotify!!!), one of which (2011 Remastered) is very close to original, and I like that. Can we get that with all of the recordings? Especially "Rust In Peace"? 

I've also noticed that there is only the lame version of Ozzy Osboune's "Bark At The Moon". You know, the trashy 2006 Remastered version that everybody hates. Hates!! Please give us the original 1983 recording.

Please can we have both versions? It would even be worth it to have to scroll down a little further just to get to them. I honestly cannot even listen to all of these super-trashy Remastered songs. The originals are so much better!!!

Thanks for listening, and thanks for the great product! I look forward to seeing responses to this.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Supercrush and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, Spotify can't decide which music is avaible. If there's an artist/album/song missing, it might be that the label/legal owner doesn't want it to be on Spotify (anymore). Have a look on this thread for further information and what you can do about it. (Mention this thread and ask for the other versions)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Supercrush and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, Spotify can't decide which music is avaible. If there's an artist/album/song missing, it might be that the label/legal owner doesn't want it to be on Spotify (anymore). Have a look on this thread for further information and what you can do about it. (Mention this thread and ask for the other versions)

I feel you man, these songs don't have the energy/passion the originals provided 😞

Yes, man... I would post the same feeling about Megadeth... but fortunately I've found your post that explain exactly what I also feel, so thank you for your post and please Spotify put original Megadeth albuns!!!! The lovers are gonna thank you very much about that.

Thank you for the tip Carina... please people lets follow these Carina's instructions because as more people ask for the albuns more probably they can upload for us. And we can also send a request directly to Megadeth staff. Lets try. Come on!

I found another solution. 

The original version of Rust In Peace seems to be on Apple Music.

This isn't just a problem with Megadeth obviously, there are quite a few times where Spotify just puts the newest version up there instead of the original.  It's just that Megadeth is one of the only bands who actually seems to have completely replaced the lyrics samples with newer versions, instead of just remastering or resampling them.

I've noticed similar problems with older songs where they only have the Edited version vs the Original/Explicit version and don't seem pressed to fix it since it's just old music to them.

Bump. I am highly upset about this. The 2004 rust in peace remaster is awful. Rust in peace is an album i listen to ALOT. I JUST signed up for the premium trial and now i am going to cancel for this reason alone. 

Suggested posts