Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Merging an artist who changed their performer name mid-career

Merging an artist who changed their performer name mid-career

I'm just wondering how this is possible? For example Charlotte Nilsson married halfway through her career and took her married name of Charlotte Perrelli and because of this she has two Spotify profiles.

S Club 7 renamed themselves as S Club after one memebr left in 2002 and thus there are two artist pages. Similarly the S Club Juniors renamed themselves S Club 8 after their first album and again have two artist pages.

Any idea how to fix these and merge the artists? I don't think making changes in Line-In would solve the problem. I highly doubt anyone would type (for example) S Club Juniors into Spotify and only be after their first album - they'd be after the groups entire output. I am not advocating artistes who had multiple recordings aliases (for different styles) to be merged but where it is the same band, I feel they should.

1 Reply

Hey there @PopMusicActivis,

thanks for posting in the community !

Many artists around the world happen to change names and stage names through out their careers.

As Spotify claims it's music from the labels and artists themselves it's their (artists) decision on how to project their names on apps.

There's no way to change it as this isn't Spotify's decision to make.

You can always try contacting the artists themselves for better answers 😃

Suggested posts