Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Metal genre section is missing updates

Metal genre section is missing updates

Hello

I am from switzerland, and since a few month in the section "Metal" there are no new albums available. In all other Sections i find week per week the newest released Albums. You now why i found no new Metal-Albums, or where i can find the newest Releases?

Thanks an many greetings from switzerland.

Dominik

60 Replies

Hi Dominik @5113,

I've just found this playlist that might be of your interest:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX5J7FIl4q56G

It's been frequently updated by Spotify.

Hope it helps ๐Ÿ™‚

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks a lot

I know this playlist, but the questions why are no more New Albums displayed on the section โ€žMetalโ€œ ? I do not unterstand that thing.

Hi,

same here in Germany. The last release in genre "Metal" is according to Spotify from March 2021.

This is clearly a bug and I think it's really annoying, because I mostly listen to full albums.

Greetings
Lars

Yes so i am....Meinst du damit es wird geรคndert werden und wieder
funktionieren?

Kann ich schlecht einschรคtzen. Ein paar Wochen gebe ich ihnen noch, ansonsten hรคngt mein Herz nicht an diesem Streamingdienst, nutze bereits Alternativen (auch bezahlt).

Eine aktuelle Liste mit neuen Alben ist fรผr mich ein absolutes Key-Feature, egal in welchem Genre.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you share some screenshots of what you're seeing in New Releases for Metal? Also, is this true for other genres as well?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

these are the latest releases shown after clicking Search - Metal - New Releases (Suchen - Metal - Neuerscheinungen). 

First album is from March, 19th, the other ones from January, 22nd.

Other services list at least 50 albums from now back to 19th of March in "Metal".

I'm not really into other genres, but other streaming services list 5 new albums for today in "Rock" where Spotify only shows one single album.

I could provide screenshots from other services if you want me to, but I do not know the regulations in detail in this community. 

Greetings

Lars

2021-06-11 13_23_31-Window.png

Hi,

To your second Question. No, only in this genre there are no "New
Releases available".

Here some Screenshots:

Hey @5113

Thanks for getting back to us. 

For some reason the screenshots you wanted to upload did not attach to your reply. 

Try uploading them again in a next post and if necessary do it in a private/incognito window.

We'll gladly have a look once we can see the images. 

Cheers!  

Here are the Screenshots

Screenshot 2021-06-11 162116.png
Screenshot 2021-06-11 162142.png

Hey @5113

Thanks for providing us with the requested info. 

We checked the section on our end and we see the same as displayed on the screenshots you've made. 

Could you confirm if you notice any difference after performing a clean reinstall of Spotify on the device in use? This will remove corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing this issue and get you the latest app version. 

Along with the clean reinstall we also recommend checking the hosts file on your PC for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!  

Hi,

I doubt that this is a sustainable solution.

All my friends see exactly the same order of (rather old) albums in that
section.

Greetings
Lars

Hey folks, 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We've gone ahead and reported this to the teams in charge, who will be taking a deeper look at this issue. 

While we can't commit to a specific timeline for the newest releases to be shown in this section, we'd recommend keeping your app up to date so you don't miss out on any fix.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Take care.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks!

Hi Spotify,

Same issue for me as well in Germany.

There are plenty of new metal albums released this year, but in the new albums section under search - > Metal -> new releases, there are just a few.

Here are some samples of albums that are missing:

Releases today 25.6.21:

Beartooth - Below

Dream Theater - lost not forgotten archives

Devin Townsend - Devolution Series #2

Releases 14.5.21:

Myles Kennedy - the ides of march

Releases 30.4.21:

Gojira - Fortitude

Tetrarch - unstable

Releases 16.4.21:

Liquid Tension Experiment - LTE3

Releases 5.3.21:

Chevelle - NIRATIAS

A day to remember - you're welcome

To be continued...

As you can see, there are a lot of new albums released and it is quite hard to find them only by checking new releases singles playlists since there are not all of the artists in there and sometimes there is no new album for a single that is pre-released.

It would be great if you could fix this.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

BR,
Phillip

Any news on this topic? I'm also from Germany and have exactly the same problem - and the same absolutely outdated "new" releases. Doesn't matter if I check within the Android App, the Desktop Application or directly in the browser. So this CAN'T be some sort of caching issue. Something is definitely broken on the Spotify side.

Being up-to-date on complete albums is also essential for me. And after that long time, lately without any update, I'm really disappointed.

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, was die mit unserem Problem machen ๐Ÿ˜ž

Mir wurde nach 1000x hin und her geschrieben, dass es ein Update geben wird. Aber ich glaub das irgendwie nicht...

Domi

I'm from Argentina and I have the exact same issue, the last new album they've uploaded is the one displayed in that screenshot from above. Last night I listened to Fear Factory's last album and it never appeared in the section. Are you gonna fix it?

spot.png

Iโ€™m also waiting for a fix for these or I switch services. Tired of having to search for albums in other places to see whats new. This ysed to get updated weekly like other genres. 

Suggested posts