Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Metal genre section is missing updates

Metal genre section is missing updates

Hello

I am from switzerland, and since a few month in the section "Metal" there are no new albums available. In all other Sections i find week per week the newest released Albums. You now why i found no new Metal-Albums, or where i can find the newest Releases?

Thanks an many greetings from switzerland.

Dominik

60 Replies

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and replies.

We can confirm to everyone that we've passed your information to the right team and it's being investigated at the moment. 

As soon as we have an answer we'll update you in this thread.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Today there is finally one new album in the new metal albums list which is Powerwolf.

So it seems it is still updated, but far not with all the new released metal albums.

May it be that the other albums do not get the tag #metal or some other reason...

Spotify I would really appreciate your support on this one!

Hi, there isn´t still any solution for this problem. How long do we have to wait for this issue to be solved?

And another Friday without any new releases in Metal. This is really disappointing and not acceptable anymore.

I'll unsubscribe my Spotify family account now and switch to Deezer. 

Absolutely! It is more than half a year since it has worked (more or less!) ok. But the last six months are just ridiculous! 

Even when it "worked" there were way less releases in the Spotify category than there were actually "in the wild".

I mean, you can google each week how many new metal releases are out. Dozens, if not hundreds! And if you search for those on Spotify, you'll find them. But not in the category.

So it is either just a messed up database/function to populate the category or simply no will/effort from Spotify to repair that. Poor.

I have built a small workaround for this. (after almost missing the new dee snider album). maybe it helps you. 

When you press play the Spotify player starts. -> https://metal.orly.app

Same!

I am considering abandoning spotify and moving to another platform

Great! Thanks a lot! 😎🤘🏼

And another Friday without any new releases in metal... 😒

Deezer, Tidal and spotify... today

Captura de ecrã 2021-08-13 080816.jpg

Captura de ecrã 2021-08-13 080956.jpg

Captura de ecrã 2021-08-13 081124.jpg

  

I think it's fair to say they are not interested in solving this problem.

Last reply from a staff member a month ago. I could understand that MAJOR bugs take some time to be solved. But something like this? Sad.

Either they're worse than we all suppose on fixing even simple problems - or they don't care. Whatever it might be, as a paying customer you are on your own.

EDIT: Replace "on your own" by the word "s c r _ e w e _d". They even censor this word.

Hey folks! 

We appreciate you coming back to the Community to check on this.

The teams are aware of this and they're working to solve it, but we're afraid we can't give you an exact time line right now, but we'll post as soon as we have any news.

I also miss that section but as a workaround I've followed this playlist - I know it's not the same but it does include new tracks regularly. 

Hopefully we'll have an update soon.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi all,

Seems there was a fix applied. I have around 5 new albums in the metal section today. I hope this will be a permanent fix 😊

Hope it's the same for you guys.

Br,

Phil

The two most important releases for me (Rage and Brainstorm) are there indeed. I'm not sure if there are only this few releases in the Metal world today (normally there are "a bit" more, but we'll see...

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

We're glad to see that it works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great continued weekend.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks so far!

I'd say let's wait a couple of weeks to see if it REALLY works. Because my feeling says it is too less this week - still at least some. 

Hey @grummelrocker,

Thanks for the post.

Keep us in the loop on how you get on with this one.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok, seem like this has not really been fixed!

The two albums marked red have been release around September 17th. Each week we see dozens of new releases in the Metal world.

According to the New Releases section in Spotify it was only around 8 from mid of September to end of October.

Just as an example: The new Album "Blood on Blood" by Running Wild has been released today and can be found on Spotify. When you look on the Artist page. But not in the New Releases section.

Sorry, but this is really embarassing!

grummelrocker_0-1635510657626.png

Ok, after my last post from Friday I did some research. Since mid of September (when Rage and Brainstorm were released and are showing up in "New Releases" section) we had a total of (at least!) 350 albums and EPs. Sure some are real underground and might not be released on Spotify in general, bust the vast majority are.

Of course I did not check all, but the ones I have checked are ALL available on Spotify when searching for them. They are simply not listed in the "New Releases" section.

Just on October 29th we had 67 releases! You show none.

We are talking about 10 - 15 releases you show since mid September versus over 350 being listed at metalstorm.net.

You can find them all here: https://metalstorm.net/events/new_releases.php

So, this issue is FAR from being fixed.

Maybe you can give us some insights? I, and I guess most of the other users as well, expect this list being auto-generated, isn't it? Or is there a staff member that needs to build/populate that list manually?

Surely the listener of Metal does not interest them as much **bleep** that is fashionable, which is listened to by millions of people.

Suggested posts