Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Metallica Reload, S&M, Garage Inc. won't play

Metallica Reload, S&M, Garage Inc. won't play

Hey,

the three Metallica Albums "Reload", "S&M" and "Garage Inc." are in the Album List of the Artist. But it's not possible to start a song from one of this Albums.

Can someone confirm?

Cheers ...

P.S.: German Account-

26 Replies

@Anthrax64

A few things to try. You might try a log out and then a reboot of the PC and/or device, and a log back into the Spotify App and see if the content will play now. A good way to check if it is an app installation issue or a possible cache corruption issue is to try to play the content from the webplayer: https://player.spotify.com/ if the content is playing fine from the webplayer but not from a device app, a clean reinstall might be needed to try to clear this up. Also can you post what device, OS, and also Spotify app version you currently have that this issue is happening with?

Hey,

the Problem occurs on every Device (LG TV, Samsung Galaxy S6, PC-App) and the webplayer. All my Friends have this Problem too. I think this is a Spotify Problem and not a device Problem.

Cheers ...

@Anthrax64

Hello:

I checked all three of those releases, and they are currently available to Germany Spotify users. Have you tried going to another PC or system outside of your Local Network, and logging into your Spotify that way and see if the content will play? Usually when all Spotify apps that use the same network, this kind of issue can arise. Is there any differences getting this content to play using Wifi or Cat5 connection to a PC? Are you getting any kind of error codes or warnings about the playback of this content? Also what is your ISP provider, so I can escalate this thread with all important information? Also you might consider including what region of Germany you are using the Spotify service in, but if you wish not to provide this in a post just say so, and a Spotify mod can get this from you in a PM if it is needed? Just getting enough information so when a Spotify mod looks at this thread, they can send everything along to be looked into.

Just to verify, have you tried doing a clean reinstall of all Spotify apps? https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/?in=search

Hello,

i live in sweden an also have this problem!

i lissened to the albums just yesterday and now they dont play, but are visible in metallicas catalouge.

EDIT: i logged out and in again, works now!

Same issue in the UK, logging out and in helped! thanks! 

same issue here in canada and garage inc is one of my favourite albums half the tracks are saved on my playlist 😞 please fix this spotify hasnt worked for the better part of 2 weeks but for some reason yesterday they worked but again today not working

edit: should have read others comments more carefully logging in and out worked but still seems like a weird glitch that could be fixed its a pain logging in and out on my phone

update still having this problem have to log in out for the albums to work very annoying plus somtimes I cant get them to work at all even after logging in and out very frustating could you please fix this spotify

I have the same issue, it plays the next song on the LOAD album "Ain't my **bleep**". I would like to listen to S&M on the web player.

Logging in and out has no effect.

I also have this problem. Logging out and logging back in doesn't have any effect! If I try to play the "Garage Inc" album, it plays the "Ain't my b*tch" song, from "Load".

Hello,

Same problem here, S & M, Reload and Garage wont play. Already logged out and cleared the browsers' cache but the problem still persists.

It's been months and this isn't fixed yet?

Doesn't play these albums on any browser or any computer with the official Spotify app. 

Checked on my friends computers too, same deal. It won't work. 

Oddly enough, it will play on the mobile phone/tablet app just fine. 

Trying to play it in the browser will crash the page.

Trying to play it in the installed computer application will cause it to crash as well.

I think I may make a Youtube video demontsrating this just to get the point across. 

Lord knows Metallica is losing money on this and they sure as **bleep** could use more.~

And why is the word 'h-e-l-l' censored? 

Don't work at 27/6/16 fix it pls

Also having the same problem, using web player. You're all right, I noticed it before, been going on for months.

UK based also, using Chrome on Ubuntu.

Sort it out Spotify!

Same thing is happening to me. S&M for example just plays one Song "Ain't My B*tch" from the Album Load.

i guess spotify doesnt care about this issue

Same problem on Web-Player.

Please fix it.

Suggested posts