Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Missing Bob Dylan hits - where's the Biograph box?

Missing Bob Dylan hits - where's the Biograph box?

I'm mystified that Dylan's 1985 compilation 'Biograph' is missing from Spotify UK. Hits/ 45s such as 'Positively 4th Street', 'Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window', 'Mixed Up Confusion', and stellar rarities such as 'Abandoned Love' are big absentees from the Spotify catalogue. It's great to see Dylan's Bootleg Series/ samplers on Spotify, but the Biograph box is well-loved and would be very welcome.

3 Replies

Hey @centuryknocker,

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is unavailable, the artist or his music label has likely decided to not make it available in Spotify. 

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later. Hopefully it will come back later.

More info here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Solved! New compliation "Side Tracks" with (most?) of the missing Biograph tracks is up on Spotify UK today. https://play.spotify.com/album/74zwXmPZbbH7YGVXHbP3E3

Weird one! I was looking for Up To Me, which, as far as I knew, was only released on Biograph. To my annoyance, Biograph wasn’t on Spotify. But when I googled “Bob Dylan Biograph Spotify”, a link to the album appeared as the first result, and sure enough, when I clicked it, it was there. A real treat. Hope this helps. 

Btw, I now see that Up To Me is on Side Tracks, which does appear on Spotify. But anyway. Nice to see Biograph on there. 

Suggested posts