Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Missing genesis album

Missing genesis album

I am aware that this question has already been asked but I just thought I would bring it up again. As you might be able to tell by my name, Genesis is my favorite band and has been for some years now. I have noticed the same as some other people have. I can't really understand why the album The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway isn't there when all of the others are. I see a gap going up in album order from the bottom  between Selling England By The Pound and Trick of the tale where this album should be. It isn't a huge problem because I have all of Steve Hackett's era of genesis on CD anyway but I like to listen on spotify and I keep noticing that I haven't listened to The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway in ages just because it isn't there.

I have noticed further down in the Genesis albums that there is The Lamb Lied Down On Broadway albums but they are live and part of Peter Gabriel's Archive #1 (1967-1975).

If anyone knows the reason for it not being there, I would be interested to find out.

Thanks

24 Replies

Possibly because the rights to the other albums are owned by Virgin but "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" seems to be with ATCO. Why not contact ATCO and see what they say? Check out this post on missing music.

The album is available on both Beats Music and Google Play Music. Just sayin'....

I agree. The Gabriel/Hackett/Banks/Rutherford/Collins era is awesome because it was essentially a reverse-supergroup. The Lamb holds extreme significance because it was the last album Gabriel was on. Really should be on here. I hope it will be soon. I have two playlists: Genesis (Gabriel/Collins/Hackett/Rutherford/Collins) and Genesis (Collins/Rutherford/Banks). I love both but it would be nice to listen to all the Gabriel/Hackett era ones together.

I really doubt it with Peter Gabriel having some sort of issues with all streaming services, he does not care if you buy it and then stream with like google play or iTunes and loading it into a cloud service that iTunes can use and/or their supported devices. Being that was the last album with him on it it is going to be awhile before it shows up. I would like to have it for streaming as well but it is what it is.

Also for anyone who cares my Genesis Playlist.

It is unlikely to be a publishing rights issue as the music from the album appears in its entirety on the Archives album on Spotify anyway. I'm going to contact Spotify and find out!

That means you have access to the archive series I dont must be a regional listening thing then.

I'm also surprised to see this album is not in spotify... Any news on the matter?

Hello,

The album "The lamb lies down on Broadway" by Genesis is availabke on Spotify only in Canada.

The copyright is owned by Virgin Records LTD.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Notably also missing from apple music ๐Ÿ˜ž 

It wasn't missing from Apple Music for the first week in the UK much to my amazement. Some body obviously realised their 'mistake' and it has now disappeared without a trace ๐Ÿ˜ž

I'm wondering whether it's a Brian Eno rights problem. He's credited on a couple of tracks on the album - Grand Parade and Silent Sorrow - although the consensus is that he did a little production polishing rather than being a major contributor to the music (and certainly not to the lyrics).

That said, there's plenty of his own original work on Spotify, so he obviously doesn't have too much of a problem himself with Spotify. If he's at all germaine to the discussion, it would just be about securing rights from whoever owned his at around 1975.

When will they learn?

Yes discographies also feature and you'll never beat that kind of pirate but this album appears twice in the most pirated list. Coincidence?

Screenshot 2015-12-16 14.22.03.png

Strangely enough I seem to be able to listen to the whole Lamb Lies Down On Broadway on Spotify (in Sweden).

But only in the form of a playlist compiled by someone called Denington.

And he has added a bunch of other songs as well.

Link here:

https://open.spotify.com/user/denington/playlist/45qOvOBQBRGtJf5KZPLYqH

No, sorry, not in Canada either.

Link to the album , but still only three songs avaliable. 

Follow me

Was just looking for this yesterday and wondered why it was missing. 

They are also missing Trespass which has the knife on it which is my favorite Genesis song

incorrect post....

Actually, it's not incorrect. "The Lamb Lies..." is still missing, even though every other Genesis album is available. 

Follow me

Suggested posts