Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Missing genesis album

Missing genesis album

I am aware that this question has already been asked but I just thought I would bring it up again. As you might be able to tell by my name, Genesis is my favorite band and has been for some years now. I have noticed the same as some other people have. I can't really understand why the album The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway isn't there when all of the others are. I see a gap going up in album order from the bottom  between Selling England By The Pound and Trick of the tale where this album should be. It isn't a huge problem because I have all of Steve Hackett's era of genesis on CD anyway but I like to listen on spotify and I keep noticing that I haven't listened to The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway in ages just because it isn't there.

I have noticed further down in the Genesis albums that there is The Lamb Lied Down On Broadway albums but they are live and part of Peter Gabriel's Archive #1 (1967-1975).

If anyone knows the reason for it not being there, I would be interested to find out.

Thanks

24 Replies

Did anyone ever find out from Spotify why it's not on there? From what I can tell, Steve Hackett owns the rights to a lot of this album, so they don't put it up as a genisis album. Must've been a dispute among band members. 

With Peter Gabriel's back catalogue coming to Spotify over the next few months maybe there's a chance the issues with Broadway might be resolved down the line.

Yep, just checked on Spotify UK and it's finally available!

It's finally here! and in different remastered states. 

Cheers to everyone waiting for this and keeping this old thread alive.

The Lamb Lies Down of Broadway has since been added to the Spotify Playlist for Genesis. It was added when all of Peter Gabriel's personal music was added.

Suggested posts