Multiple artists with same name

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Multiple artists with same name

chees
Casual Listener

The problem is we received an e-mail telling us that that post has been marked as the solution to this thread :p

cmnbob
Music Fan

can someone please re-open this ticket? nothing was done towards solving it. 

Solution!

xlono01

Hi,

Several other discussions about this exist on spotify community. One such discussion says "report such cases on this specific webpage and we'll split them". But, as of today (Nov-2017), the link provided there doesn't work for me, it just says "You do not have sufficient privileges..." . This other discussion is "case closed", thus it is not possible to report over there that the link doesn't work anymore.

Link to the other discussion:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Separate-Artist-with-Same-Name/idi-p/69379/page/15#com...

Regards, O.

cmnbob
Music Fan

This feature should be integrated directly in the spotify clients web/Win/Mac/mobile etc. 

Let the users alert and submit notifications for review by spotify admins.

Solution!

shreddy419

Yeah I'm trying to manage our artist profile and separate our single from the rest of the songs from another band. Hope this gets addressed.

TerahKarma
Casual Listener

I'm getting exactly the same issue as  xlono01 when trying to follow the link. I now have a few artists that are doubled or even tripled up so it would be really great if this was sorted out!

Blackbunny

I can’t find my name in Spotify for artist because of this problem and the add url button won’t work either 

01560FE0-7C64-45AC-9D13-C6B5675BC485.png
Solution!

PollyannaBandFl

We are having the same issue, if you know anything...please could you let us know?

Oizo123
Casual Listener

Hi,

Has anyone tried the "Line in" tool? Spotify said it could be used to solve/report this kind of problem. For example the artist "Ludvig" is both the Singer song writer and the electronic/ambient artist, two monumentally different genres...

I can't seem to find a way to report it in the Line in tool and it is quite frustrating for artists that use their own name not to be able to differntiate themselves in the artist pages...

Sypower

I've ran into this issue on a few occations, usually when I'm listening to my "Release Radar" and get shown songs that are from an artist that has the same name as an artist that I like to listen to... except it's NOT the same artist.  The songs are usually in a completely different genre, and sometimes even in a different language.   Spotify needs a better system for tracking artist names.

PS: the example that finally brought me to post here is I was shown a song called "AKIRA" by a band named "Gemini".  I listen to Gemini (songs like "Feel at Home" and "The Turnaround"), but this song AKIRA is definitely a completely different artist.

SUGGESTED POSTS