Music FAQs - You want to read this first

Highlighted
43 people liked this

Music FAQs - You want to read this first

Community Manager
Community Manager
  1. I'm a musician - How do I get my music on Spotify?
    So you're a songwriter / musician / the next big thing, and you want your music on Spotify. Great! We'd love to have you.

If you don't quite have the backing of a (huge) label quite yet, don't panic! There are a number of places that can deliver your music to Spotify. These services are called aggregators - they take your music and provide it to outlets in the big wide world. What nice fellows.

We've got a dedicated section on our website all about getting your music on Spotify, and a list of aggregators who provide music to us, right here.
  2. I'm a musician - How do I create or link to an official Artist Spotify Account?
    We've got you covered. Just go here.
  3. Right, now I'm on Spotify - How do I get an Artist Biography?
    Good question. Generally, the artist biographies are pulled from AllMusic - You can find out how to submit products to them on on their website.
  4. Great! Now, how do I get my linked catalogue on Facebook? It's saying my page isn't approved?
    This process is handled over at Facebook, so there aren't any buttons we can push to approve your page. But, everything you need to know can be found over on this FAQ
  5. The music / artist I'm looking for isn't on Spotify. Now what?!

We want all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. 

Thousands of albums and artists are being added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

You can also open this form and provide us with feedback.
    When doing so, do please keep in mind that this is an internal list we will use at regular intervals, to see how much interest there is for any given band. Submitting a name does not necessarily mean they will be showing up soon.
  6. I found a track with wrong info, where do I report it?
    You'll find instructions here.
Community Ergo Sum
SUGGESTED POSTS