Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music automatically stops on my account

Music automatically stops on my account

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android 9 (Pie), OneUi 1.0

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have a problem since yesterday, on the mobile app or with the web browser, and on any device, it is the same, when I play a music, it just stops playing and put the music on pause, it stops randomly at a different moment of the song, it depends of the music I am listening to

I thought it was a problem with my phone about the battery or anything but I did everything I could and nothing changed.

So I just tried to log out and sign in with my brother's account and it worked again, I could listen anything and the music never automatically stopped.

Now I know it only comes from my account but I don't understand why it happens.

Could please someone help me ?

Music is my whole life, I need it

By the way, I am sorry if my English isn't well, I am French

11 Replies

You can try deleting the app and installing again. Or maybe try running it as administrator on your pc.

Hey there @Jerem_,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community 🙂

Since this is happening on multiple devices and only with your account, we recommend following the steps in this article to secure your account and remove any possible unauthorized access.

We also suggest checking out this article for tips on how to keep your account protected.

Let us know how it goes. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I changed my password and followed the steps to secure my account and it doesn't happen on my phone anymore, it's the most important.

But it's still the same on my pc, I already tried to remove the app and all the files in my computer even if I reset my pc a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I will just listen to Spotify on my phone, that's all I need.

Thanks you for your help !

Hey @Jerem_,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

You're welcome and we're glad to know that it doesn't happen on your phone anymore, but it shouldn't be happening on your PC either.

We recommend logging out, restarting your PC, and logging back in. Make sure to be logging in to the same account as on your phone.

If this issue persists, follow the instructions under the Lost anything? section of the first article I sent in my previous reply so our Support team can take a look at your account and help you secure it.

We're always a post away in case you have any questions.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

estou com esse problema e não para de acontecer, estou ficando insaatisfeito com o app

I'm having Spotify play pauses so often I've stopped using the app. Happening everyday at the same time 1pm. I'm a 6 year premium subscriber. I've already deleted cache and reinstalled the app on both iphone and ipad. Updated Mac OS yesterday. Everything up to date. 

Hey there @66meyers

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? 

If this is happening on all your devices, it's recommended you secure your account by following the steps below:

1. Log in to your account page and scroll all the way to the bottom.
  2. Select SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.
  3. Request a password reset by visiting this article.

It's also worth checking the apps that are linked to your Spotify account on your account page under Apps and remove any you don't recognize. You can find out more tips on how to protect your account here.

However, if this only happens on a specific device, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of it would come in handy. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It usually happens at 13:00 local time. Usually I quit the app. Sometimes I follow supports instruction and clear cache, delete and reinstall app. Seems to work.

Hey @66meyers,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Just to confirm, are you still having this issue? or it resolves for some time and reappears?

If the issue reappears from time to time, we'd recommend giving a try to the recommendations previously sent by @Eni.

In case that the issue still persists after this, as this could be account-related and we don't have access to users' accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer Support directly, so they can check your account and help you further.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes I’m still having problems. Music stops playing mid song many times. I’ve cleared cashe, deleted reinstalled app.

Hey @66meyers,

Thanks for getting back to us.

There can be more than one reason why the music would suddenly stop. If your Spotify app keeps pausing - we'd recommend that you check out this FAQ. 

It's also worth mentioning that this could happen if you're using Discord. If that's the case - it's best to try the solution here

If you're still experiencing this, we'd suggest that you follow the instructions that @OscarDC shared in his reply and reach out to our teams.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts