Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music that puts you in your feels

Music that puts you in your feels

Hey guys... so I'm trying to figure out if there is a name for this feeling... 

I get this feeling when listening to certain songs like...

Over my head (cable car), you found me, both by The Fray...

Snow Song, by Ron Pope...

Feeling Whitney, by Post Malone (this one not as much as others but still)...

And all the songs give me so many emotions... and the only way I can describe it is feeling a type of sadness/hopelessness... while feeling an unavoidable motivation to get my life together and start a new chapter

(i feel like I need to give some context... My parents and I moved 3000 miles away from the only place I have to call a real home... the only place where I had any friends... and this has severely affected my mental health...

I often feel this hopelessness that I have no future where I can be happy... I'm not going to get married and start a family... and I'm not going to be able to go back home (because we are very poor... and in the country that we live in I cant legally get a job because I'm a white American (I don't want to start controversy... They do have reasons for having that law))... I also just went through what I call a "Mutual unwanted long-distance breakup"... so these songs make me feel sad and happy and motivated at the same time)

Anyway... I was wondering if anyone knows what I mean and or knows if there's a name for it... or if anyone has any song suggestions. that has that kinda mood...

Sorry for the Ted Talk length post lol... 

Thanks

0 Replies

Suggested posts