Announcements

My Discover Weekly contained 16 disliked songs.

Re: My Discover Weekly contained 16 disliked songs.

nighthawk989
Roadie

Indeed dude, since we're all paying, it seems a joke!

nighthawk989
Roadie
A rapid update: exactly the same of last week, 7 already disliked tracks, 23 new songs so. No improvements. The selection of songs at least was not that bad, but also nothing special...

rodstar
Casual Listener

Sadly no improvement for me...15 disliked songs included.

DW used to be something I looked forward to at the start of the week, now it's an exercise in frustration.

Is there support representative from Spotify reading this?

Can I get an official update on this issue please.  I think it is reasonable to get a discounted subscription until this is fixed.  It's already a long running problem and providing a discount is right sizing the value proposition to me, plus it may incentivize Spotify to fix this problem.

Fellow Community members, do you know how to log a support ticket...I can only find a redirection to the community which is less than ideal. 

nighthawk989
Roadie
I don't know how to help you, on this forum no one seems to really cares, i almost always receive standard answers, Spotify Cares on Facebook is a little bit better but doesn't make miracles. Maybe you still can try to contact them, but don't expect that much...
I think they don't care if users will leave their service to other more valuable like YTM

heritably
Music Fan

No improvement this week. 7 songs that were already hidden and virtually ALL repeats of songs that have been in it before. No variation based on my listening/liking/playlist building the past week, just the same types of songs I'm super tired of by now. DW used to be my _favorite_ spotify feature. It's basically the reason i got premium. Now it just repeats the same songs over and over again and somehow contains songs i've already hidden. Another thing I've noticed is that it will contain covers/remixes/variations of songs i've already hidden, which i dislike just as much. Why does it think I want to "discover" those any more than the originals? I'm sticking around in hopes that this will get fixed and it will go back to the way it was, because until lately it really was good. What happened?? Can we get an official update?

nighthawk989
Roadie
This week i got only one disliked track, so 29 over 30 new songs, quite ideal, any of you has got improvements like me?

heritably
Music Fan

Last week I tried deleting and re-installing the spotify app to see if anything would happen. All that seemed to do was unhide all the songs that were hidden (???). So this week I have no previously hidden songs in my DW (but I may have tried to hide some of them in the past, no way of knowing?). However ALL songs except 2 that I didn't specifically recognize are definitely repeats from previous DW lists, like maybe from a year ago. As far as I can tell, my DW content has nothing to do with my current listening or playlists or liked songs. It seems to be its own little universe, like maybe it's just a playlist of similar songs that repeats over and over, and a playlist I don't even want to hear anymore. It's useless as a discovery tool. It didn't used to be like this. Please fix these algorithms or give us the option to reset DW.

nighthawk989
Roadie
This week we got a little downgrade, with only 24 over 30 new tracks, the other six was already been disliked 2 or 3 years ago. Is it that difficult to fix this problem, since we are all paying?

heritably
Music Fan

Still no improvements for me. All except about 6 songs definitely repeats from past DWs or elsewhere.

nighthawk989
Roadie
Weekly report: this time almost perfect with 29 over 30 new tracks. Only one already disliked. Maybe next week a full improvement or a downgrade like last time?
SUGGESTED POSTS