Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My Discover Weekly contained 16 disliked songs.

My Discover Weekly contained 16 disliked songs.

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

This is the first time my Discover Weekly has contained any disliked songs and suddenly there are 16 disliked songs.  Anyone see this before?  Any ideas what may have happened? 

Thanks Rod

117 Replies

Quite the same this week, 26/30 tracks were new, there were some good songs and artists, but aloso lot of swedish and finnish punk/classic rock bands which i'm not interested in. Also a pointless cover band...

I actually had some improvement this week - only 6 songs that were repeats! I wonder if they changed anything on the back end?? The style of the music in it is still fairly stale, but there seemed to be a small improvement. 

Weekly report: 2 already disliked tracks (both pointless cover bands), so 28 over 30 new tracks. BTW, most of the other tracks were great picks. I hope we can arrive to 30/30 finally.

Another small improvement this week...26/30 new songs. Maybe a slight improvement in the quality of the new selections this week? Yes, now if could only get to 30/30 brand new songs...

Weekly report: quite the same, 3 disliked tracks, so 27/30. Selection quite good to be honest.

Hi,

Sorry I've been under the radar in recent weeks.  I can report that today is the 4th week in a row where I have had 0/30 disliked songs.  

Cannot understand how it went from around 16/30 disliked songs for a couple of months, back to working properly for me.

But still a mystery why it's not fully OK for you nighthawk989.

Just a note about the way I interact with the app... I had previously thought it was a good idea to train Spotify's algorithm by explicitly either liking or disliking each song on DW.  The week before things corrected itself for me, I decided I would only flag songs I liked and not flag those I disliked.  Probably a coincident, but that was the precursor to going back to 0/30 disliked songs.  As I posted earlier, the last check before including a song in DW should be whether it is already a disliked song, but who knows what Spotify as actually doing??

And I agree, the quality of the selections for DW has suddenly taken a turn for the better.

Well just when I thought I was seeing some improvement things regressed this week. 19 of 30 songs just repeats that I'm pretty sure I've hidden in the past (all my hidden songs got reset when I uninstalled/reinstalled the app, hoping that would help). Rest of the selections were not great, just same old same old. Not sure what to do at this point. I thought something might have changed the past couple weeks but apparently not.

Hello,

this week I have no songs in foreign languages 🙂 I don't know if it's just a coincidence or something has been improved.

No improvements this week, situation quite similar: 4 already disliked tracks, so 26 over 30 new songs. Do i need to find all the band/artists i disliked before that's totally fixed for good?

This week was almost perfect, 29 over 30 new tracks, overall good tracks and bands! Still not 30/30 though

This week was almost perfect, only 1 song in foreign language (Finnish).

Yeah also for me good in this factor, one in german (which was a cover by Edguy of Rock Me Amadeus, good band that i like, normal that is in german) and one in spanish (by Rata Blanca, a great hard rock/metal group) from Argentina. Glad nothing of random rock/punk/folk in swedish/german/norwish of finnish appeared.

Weekly report: slight worst, 28/30 new tracks, as always two were always didn't liked it, scandinavian folk/punk/classic rock tracks. 30/30 is impossible?

Weekly report: same: 28 over 30 tracks were new. Good selection apart from 6-7 tracks in finnish, polish, spanish.

This week almost perfect, 29/30 tracks. Hope 30/30 soon

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

this week is perfect, no songs in foreign languages.

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

We've made some tweaks backstage so this should be better now.

We  can't guarantee that the one or the other foreign track won't slip in as some tracks might have wrong language metadata or might still be considered a valid recommendation based on different factors.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else.

Cheers!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This week slight worst, 27/30 new tracks... anyway some good picks amongst the good tracks

This week another downgrade sadly, 6 already disliked tracks, so we have only 24/30 new songs...... still not solved so.

Suggested posts