Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My music listed under wrong artist

Solved!

My music listed under wrong artist

Hi,

I released under the alias 'Rooke'. I have recently released an EP that has been listed under an artist on Spotify, also with the name Rooke. However this is incorrect. 

Link - https://open.spotify.com/album/3SHlUwMJhMx5BPKUC9wKch

Please can this be looked at?

27 Replies

I've tired this tool but it appears broke (Removed by a Rock Star) so figured I would post here to get this resolved. 

My most recent release got put into a new artist profile with same name as my real artist profile and I would like this corrected.

Album link in wrong profile:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2Sn68lC0Lytj0OLkuny7dp?si=sidG07SEQvuFNl5KO4isJw

Artist profile album should be under:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1gClae3b8Eh3aCg7KPAHaG?si=P9TKiWoxQmCPK8w2i2ayng

This seems phishy to me. Why do we need to add our email to this? If it's a spotify ordained form, then they shouldn't need our email address, they'd have it. Also, why not use a web app that authenticates our account to avoid bots (so only valid spotify accounts are submitting changes)?

I'd like to submit problems with the metadata but this form doesn't seem 100% legit to me. Is it the Spotify ordained solutions to reporting metadata problems? I don't think people realize how easy it could be for someone to spoof a similar form with a slightly different domain and voila, you're giving away your email address.

Marked as solution

If your music ends up on the wrong artist profile, or another artist’s music appears on yours, you can either reach out to your label or distributor, or get in touch with the Creator Support team.

If you already have access to Spotify for Artists and don’t see an expected upcoming release displaying in your Catalog section, again, just reach out to your label or distributor or get in touch with the Creator Support team; they’ll have it sorted in no time : )

For more info, check out our GuideFAQs, and our video series The Game Plan.

And what if it is someone else's music?

That "Claim your profile" is useless, it doesn't show my profile. How do I search it? I don't have an artist profile, I have a user profile but there's no way to convert it to an artist one. I have a song uploaded under wrong artist.

Hey @Origin_Hiphop,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome. 

As mentioned above by @meahtenoha, the best way to go would be to get in touch with the Artist Services team, so they'll help you with anything you may need. You can find out how to contact them in this article as well.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

my single Rivali  was posted in the wrong profile of J0ZE , can you please check?

Suggested posts