Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Neonazi band in discover weekly

Solved!

Neonazi band in discover weekly

In my "discover weekly" I got "Third Reich From the Sun" from "Hanzel und Gretyl", which is clearly a neonazi band celebrating the third reich. I find this deeply disturbing. Is there a way to flag music as not appropriate? While this music might not be illegal in some countries, I would like to make sure that it doesn't appear in any of my playlists.

For reference, the lyrics of the song are here

[somewhat relevant: I'm German.]

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @T3kcit

Sorry to hear about this!

I have passed on your feedback so this can be looked into. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @T3kcit

Sorry to hear about this!

I have passed on your feedback so this can be looked into. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @T3kcit,

We didn't mean to cause any offense.

Right now we cannot change the music on your Discover Weekly, but we'll pass the feedback on to the right team. In the meantime, we'd suggest you giving this idea some kudos: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Discover-Add-like-or-dislike-button-to-per...

All best, 

Hanzel und Gretyl are not a Neo Nazi band, just an American Industrial Metal band that uses a lot of post-Nazi Germany imagery.

I understand how people could get that impression, but their image is pretty much a spoof on racism/nazism. 

Hope this helped.

Have you read the lyrics that I posted above?

I guess they are free to define themselves however they like, but I'd say the lyrics speak for themselves. And they are not post-Nazi Germany imagery, they are Nazi Germany imagery.

Just take 30 seconds to google before you get all outraged, okay?

Or ask the artists themselves, they would be happy to explain things to you.

I'm sure you remember bands like marilyn manson or laibach, right?

Calling HuG a 'nazi' band is 100% totally missing the point - you really should take a second to read up on this topic.  It's parody.  Taken to the extreme.  For shock value.

And if you are going to go on about the lyrics - try listening to them all.

The album is nazi moon bases and secret psychic powers that fortell the end of the world by astroid impact in 2012.

You *do* understand parody and fun, right?

Nazi band, Nazi band, HuG is a NAZI BAND!! See, so easy to say it!!!! And one more, KICK THE NAZIS OUT OF INDUSTIRAL!!!!

Apperently Spotifys algorythms have determened that you're a filthy nazi. There is no escaping it and this post isn't going to make anybody think otherwise.

They are not Neo-**bleep**. The album is part of a trilogy of concept albums Hanzel Un Gretyl made. ❤️

Suggested posts