Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New Music Other Than Hip Hop Or The Likes

Solved!

New Music Other Than Hip Hop Or The Likes

There is sooo much new music for Jazz, Metal and such. But you seem to only cater to the HipHop scene or similar. There a lot of lovers of other music. Why not cater to us also. I left Tidal for this same reason. The same reason I have not become a upgraded subscriber.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I do believe that using the desktop version is the same as using the mobile app - as the "magic" happens inside your profiles data log (if im not mistaken).

Concerning new releases, i think most artists releasing music today look forward to have their work available on Spotify. So if something isn't there yet, maybe its just yet! 

You can look up in "Search" for the terms you like. I'm listening to this playlist now:

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX7YCknf2jT6s

I just looked up the terms "new jazz" and a bunch of playlists popped. This one sounds great. As the description puts it "Discover new releases across the diverse spectrum across jazz today" - seems a lot like it would be of interest to your ears.

Finding playlists, artists, liking them, following artists, creating your own lists. Hope it helps!

Just so i felt to make this link here... Since you like jazz, i'd like to recommend you check out a friends work, Micah Gaugh - saxophonist, singer and composer. I listen to his music a lot. Its beautiful, touching and free. Hope you enjoy! 

https://open.spotify.com/album/7ynZvwobXOQKb8Rf6HYHRl

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I meant "free" in a creative sense. The man Micah is brilliant and has a distinct and broad approach to music and arts in general. His album "Stars Are a Harem" is my favorite contemporary album under the Jazz label.

I also buy vinyl and digital music, and also produce both of them myself. 

I believe that you'll get the best out of Spotify's taste-matching intelligence if you get the premium account. Thats where the full service happens.

Thanks man have a great time!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yes but,

i think if you use Spotify in an accurate way you'll get what you want from the service. Try feeding the app information about what you like (liking, following, creating personal playlists) and what you dont like (i.e. skipping songs), and in a couple of weeks you shall notice how the app reacts.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the input. I have been useing Spotify via PC for some months now seeing if it behaves as Tidal, which it seems to. Im not a fan of using my phone for streaming so I do not use the app. I have a long list of likes and bands I have liked and playlist I listen to. So I am not sure that the desktop version behaves in the same manner.

Even when I go  a genre say Jazz, I see very little new albums. I am an avid Jazz listener and fairly up to date with new releases and see a very small portion in the album catigory of that genre. Just as an example.

Marked as solution

I do believe that using the desktop version is the same as using the mobile app - as the "magic" happens inside your profiles data log (if im not mistaken).

Concerning new releases, i think most artists releasing music today look forward to have their work available on Spotify. So if something isn't there yet, maybe its just yet! 

You can look up in "Search" for the terms you like. I'm listening to this playlist now:

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX7YCknf2jT6s

I just looked up the terms "new jazz" and a bunch of playlists popped. This one sounds great. As the description puts it "Discover new releases across the diverse spectrum across jazz today" - seems a lot like it would be of interest to your ears.

Finding playlists, artists, liking them, following artists, creating your own lists. Hope it helps!

Just so i felt to make this link here... Since you like jazz, i'd like to recommend you check out a friends work, Micah Gaugh - saxophonist, singer and composer. I listen to his music a lot. Its beautiful, touching and free. Hope you enjoy! 

https://open.spotify.com/album/7ynZvwobXOQKb8Rf6HYHRl

Thank you for your input. I am not a free music type. I am on here to see how it relates to myself and tastes. I been buying music ( vinyl ) for the last 40 years but have also been a premium Tidal users for years till recently. If I get this angarthym to work with me then I will subscribe. In the meantime I have enjoyed the service and the playlist are a favorite. Again thank you for your time.

Marked as solution

I meant "free" in a creative sense. The man Micah is brilliant and has a distinct and broad approach to music and arts in general. His album "Stars Are a Harem" is my favorite contemporary album under the Jazz label.

I also buy vinyl and digital music, and also produce both of them myself. 

I believe that you'll get the best out of Spotify's taste-matching intelligence if you get the premium account. Thats where the full service happens.

Thanks man have a great time!

Suggested posts