Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New Music Suggestion

New Music Suggestion

I love Spotify so much, but the library of music it has can be somewhat lacking. I'd love to "suggest" new music, but I do not know how.Im big into 80s music, but cannot find "Man of Colors" by Icehouse, and Saga's library is devoid of some tracks as well. Does anyone know how to get some of this lesser known older stuff into the Spotify library?
3 Replies

Hello there and welcome to the community,

Spotify wants all the music in the world available to stream and works hard for it.

Sometimes due to licensing problems or rights holders problems, some music can be temporarily unvailable in Spotify library or even available in some countries and not in others.

What you can do is to contact the label or distributor of the music you are looking for and ask why they don't make it available.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sondofus,

I don't have any problems with you personally. Understand that, please.

But you gave me the exact same answer for a different question. And you are wrong. Users should not contact a label or a distributor. Spotify's payed employees should do it. This is their job.
What you do here is just asking us to do actual free work. You should not. Spotify officials should answer those questions and they should do their jobs.

Sorry but you are wrong.

I know enough about what is behind the scenes, to tell you that Spotify already do that job daily to try to convince artists, labels or rights owner to let their music to stream.

The fact to tell you to contact labels is a plus to show them that customers also want the music available to stream..

Regards...

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts