Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New UI Unuseable for Podcasts

New UI Unuseable for Podcasts

Hello,

I opened up Spotify to listen to my favorite Podcasts today and found the UI had changed. I used to be able to tap Your Library>Podcasts>Shows to give a list of the newest episodes of podcasts that I have subscribed to, then either play the either play the episode directly on the screen, or tap on the show to go to the full episode list to listen to back episodes etc. Now when going into Your Library>Podcasts and Shows I get a jumbled mess of all my podcasts in no particular order, with no options to sort them in any way. There is also a section called New Episodes that does show the latest episodes of my podcasts, but if I tap on the episode, instead of going to the poscasts page wich shows all the back episodes, you can only get to the page for that particular episode. This is a problem with news podcasts and podcasts taht I want to binge because you can only listen to 1 the latest episode, and one you have it will disappear from the New Episodes area.

Is there a way of going back to the old UI? Or reverting to the previous version of Spotify? I understand that Spotify wants to keep there app fresh with new looks and features to keep this interesting and progressing, but not at the expense of usability. Please tell me there is a way to go back to the previous version.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Google Pixel 3a

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @Potzki75, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern, and first I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as it means a lot to Spotify. Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features.

You can create a new Idea about this here if this is something you would like to see change or improve, and once again I thank you for your feedback.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts