Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

No Icehouse on spotify

No Icehouse on spotify

G'day, I noticed there is little or no Icehouse on spotify at present, no Man of Colours album or any of the bands other albums, including the greatest hits collection, White Heat. Has Iva Davies decided not to allow Icehouse back catalogue for streaming at the moment? 

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed

Welcome to the community!

Please read this:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had been waiting for this forever as well and I randomly checked today as I'm going to see them live soon.

It's all up there now!! Now to grow a mullet...

Matt- it has been over a year since the initial question regarding Icehouse was posted so I wanted to touch base for an update.  I assume you work for or contract for Spotify.  2 songs by Icehouse are legendary 80's hits:  Crazy and Electric Blue.  I read your previous posting about clicking on the link and the information contained.  I just submitted my song request(s).  I also emailed Icehouse at the email address posted on their website:  fans@icehouse-ivadavies.com.  In the meantime, can you give me the courtesy of a reply with the answer to this specific question:  Is it Icehouse or Spotify that is preventing at least a couple of their songs from appearing on Spotify?  Thanks!

Hey @Music001122

I do not work at Spotify. I am a volunteer here in the community that helps other users. Spotify provides us with information that allows us to better help users.

Spotify tries really hard to get music available on their service, but in the end the availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label. Spotify does not deny any release unless it violates copyright or contains abusive material. For a release to show up on Spotify, the artist and the record label have to send it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts