Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

No longer available? - While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Volume 8

Solved!

No longer available? - While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Volume 8

Even though the rest of the album is available for some reason I think this track has recently become unavailable as it's greyed out, unless it's just me? Is this normal? Love this version with Prince.

URL - https://open.spotify.com/track/7DzktdAh3zTT5Li8vam9tt

URI -  spotify:track:7DzktdAh3zTT5Li8vam9tt

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The album Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Volume 8: 2004-2005 is not available in these regions below.

Untitled.png

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Delaying music is common nowadays, since they want to maximize album sales, which they feel increase if people are not capable of streaming it. When the sales window passes, they make it available for streaming.

More info here:

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Maybe it appears to be grayed out because all Prince albums got removed from Spotify when he passed away, I tried to search this song by using the API but couldn't find it unfortunately.

We can only hope that it will be re-added into the Spotify catalog someday.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

The album Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Volume 8: 2004-2005 is not available in these regions below.

Untitled.png

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Delaying music is common nowadays, since they want to maximize album sales, which they feel increase if people are not capable of streaming it. When the sales window passes, they make it available for streaming.

More info here:

Thanks for the response however I am located in the US and the rest of the album is available for streaming except for that one track. Am I the only one seeing this?

Thanks
Marked as solution

Maybe it appears to be grayed out because all Prince albums got removed from Spotify when he passed away, I tried to search this song by using the API but couldn't find it unfortunately.

We can only hope that it will be re-added into the Spotify catalog someday.

Thanks that was my fear, I should have looked up other price stuff to verify that. Appreciate the help!

@sunilmud

Hello:

No the track is showing greyed out for me as well, and I am a US Spotify user. I had to go to the Spotify API site, and use the track link from the release, and look up the information for the single track for that release. It would seem the track is not available currently, even though the rest of the tracks on that release are currently available. I even did a keyword search seeing if the track might have been on a best of collection from Rock and Roll Hall of Fame music releases, and the track is greyed out not available there are as well.

https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/7DzktdAh3zTT5Li8vam9tt

} ],
  "available_markets" : [ ],
  "disc_number" : 1,
  "duration_ms" : 380586,
  "explicit" : false,
  "external_ids" : {
    "isrc" : "USUPV1100016"
  },
  "external_urls" : {
    "spotify" : "https://open.spotify.com/track/7DzktdAh3zTT5Li8vam9tt"
  },
  "href" : "https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/7DzktdAh3zTT5Li8vam9tt",
  "id" : "7DzktdAh3zTT5Li8vam9tt",
  "name" : "While My Guitar Gently Weeps",
  "popularity" : 55,
  "preview_url" : null,
  "track_number" : 3,
  "type" : "track",
  "uri" : "spotify:track:7DzktdAh3zTT5Li8vam9tt"
}

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. 

Suggested posts