Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14.2

Issue started 12/30/2020

My Question or Issue

My issue is that I’ll be driving and have Spotify connected via Bluetooth but my car dash screen does not show the song title or the artist name. It just says “no title”. I also am unable to use the car controls to switch between songs. I can still increase or decrease the volume but any controls on the steering wheel or dash will not work to change the song. I can only change the song using my phone.

I drive a 2014 Honda Accord. Image Attached.  

075A71C4-C45F-4D24-9770-038DF7AAF638.jpeg

Troubleshooting attempts:

1. Deleted app from phone and reinstalled

2. Removed car Bluetooth connection from phone

3. Removed phone Bluetooth connection from car

4. USB cord will show song titles

5. CD and radio show song titles

13 Replies

Hi.

i have the same problem you had.

did you manage to fix it?

if so, how?

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

@Haakon4, did you already try unpairing and pairing your phone and your car's audio system again? We'd also like to know if it used to work properly before and if it started happening after a specific event, such as an app or operative system update.

Additionally, we'd like to know if it works as expected when using a USB cable or any other type of connection.

Lastly, let us know the make, model and OS version of your phone, and if it works with any other phone that you connect to your car's stereo.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Honda 2014 Accord

iPhone 11 Pro Max IOS 15.5

Spotify permium

Works completely fine before. But now with the same problem. Songs show as No Title and can't control medias other than volume, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Unpair and repair. Nothing seemed to work the only resolve left is to factory reset my car but that is very hassle to set up again so I want to find helps or other way to solve this before reaching my final method which is resetting.

Hi there @22idx2sgyiqs2nt,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided information.

To start with, can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if you get the same behavior if you're using a different device? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello! I'm experiencing the same issue. I've tried a clean reinstall and I've experienced the issue consistently while using an iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro to connect to a 2014 Honda Civic.

I'm able to resolve the issue by restarting the app (swiping away the app to force close it, then reopening it), but I have to do this almost every drive. 

Thank you for the solutions, this was a while ago I have moved on to a
different car, married and have 3 kids by now. Just kidding, I have done
that before. Didnt work out, it is weird, one day my mom used my car and
came back with it working (she only listens to the radio). I tried almost
everything, even factory reset my car infotainment system lol. Thanks

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

@SpottyFried, did you notice if this is happening when using a USB cable or any other type of connection. Additionally, would you mind sharing with us the exact Spotify version you have currently running? 

@22idx2sgyiqs2nt, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general. Additionally, can you share with us the exact Spotify version you are running? 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I experienced this exact same issue starting a few days ago. I upgraded Spotify on my iPhone SE today to v8.7.90.459 and the problem still persists. Car is a 2014 Accord. No name and no title show in the display (or nothing at all shows if I cycle through the various audio sources and come back to Bluetooth. Music plays and the volume controls from the steering wheel work, but no song metadata is displayed anymore. , and transport controls from the steering wheel do not advance or rewind to next or previous songs. Volume controls from steering wheel work. Please provide a solution to this problem. 

Hi there @clem99,

Thanks for reaching out. For older model vehicles, a lot of them use proprietary systems which are no longer supported. While Spotify may still work there, we cannot guarantee that it will all work as expected. Behaviour like this has been observed on legacy versions.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

What always works for me is simply turning my phone off for about 10 seconds and then turn it back on. Hasn’t failed me yet

did you get it fixed??

this started happening to me yesterday and i tried unpairing and repairing, forgetting device, and just waiting to see if it’ll fix itself but it hasn’t. do you still have this problem?

Yes I do still have the issue. Recently I tried just restarting my phone
and that worked but I haven’t had to do it enough to call it a permanent

Suggested posts