Not okay with "White Power" music.

Highlighted

Re: Not okay with "White Power" music.

Spotify
Spotify

@liftarn please know this is not the case. We take this kind of complaint very seriously and take action to remove these songs once they are flagged with us. 

Please email us via our contact form so we can look into this. 

Highlighted

liftarn
Music Fan

@Meredith While I'm quite confident that Spotify deals with the obvious hard core white power bands there are still many, many white power light artists available. The may prefer to be called "patriotic rock", "viking rock" (not the same as viking metal), "RAC", "hatecore" or something like that and the lyrics may be less obvious.

I don't think Spotify wants to go into this gray area, but it would be nice to give the users the tools they need to be able to reject it themselves.

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi @liftarn if you would send us link to the specific bands you're referring to it would be a great help. Please go through our contact forms so our teams can handle this as quickly as possible. Thank you

Highlighted

liftarn
Music Fan

What option on the contact form should be used for that? The closest is suggestions/feedback that leads right back here.

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hey @liftarn please follow these steps:

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

I want to report a broken song or wrong song information > I still need help > Put in the Song URI, your name, and the reason you're reporing it. 

Thank you

Highlighted

tilehoppper

At least some form of compromise should be allowed to blacklist / whitelist certain musicians from our Discover Weekly or Personal Recommendation Playlist, since Spotify is all about that. 

Not only for the offensive or politcally sensitive one, I am just tired being recommended **bleep**ty anime covers.

Johnnyhated
Gig Goer
As long as we can still listen to rap songs about stealing cars,selling drugs to children,beating women,killing the White Devil and murdering people at will then this is fine.
SUGGESTED POSTS