Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

On Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons...

On Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons...

Why does more and more music by the band keep disappearing. Less and less songs from albums are available and it is kinda upsetting. I’ve used Spotify for years now and I would be hurt if I had to look at alternatives like Apple Music.

9 Replies

I'm wondering the same thing! It's a shame that good songs from them are disappering.

Spotify has to answer our question, I want answers man.

Record labels are filing suit on Spotify for various reasons and thus Spotify pulls certain artists and songs from there service

They took away Beggin', I love that song 😞

Cant take my eyes off you is a goner, it's a **bleep** shame 

Hey guys i can possible shed some light for the reason why songs are disappearing.. Whats happening with Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons is that there is a lawsuit going on with many artist and they are taking their songs off spotify until they can reach an agreement/verdict. There are many artist that are part of the lawsuit like Tom Petty, Neil Young, Beach Boys and many others that withdrew their songs. Once the settle the lawsuit, their songs might come back to Spotify. 

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

If you liked my answer please give it a Like.

If this gave you the answer you are looking for please mark it as Solved.

Hello there,

It seems that there is a licensing problem with the discography of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons. This problem is not affecting all the countries covered by Spotify. USA is one of the countries affected.

Licensing process is not the same from a country to another. So for some artists, their catalog can be available in some countries.

I am in France and the discography of this artist is available. Here is some examples :

spotify:track:42XmAs2ZLpdEJwf4lbWLHJ:small

spotify:track:1pmsJiyJIdJMer27uDfwLc:small

spotify:track:5zTOyoj1Wt2pCHg47vSMgT:small

When this licensing issue will be fixed, the catalog will be back everywhere.

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming.

Sorry for the unconvenience.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am a new Spotify premium user as of a few days ago.    I was surprised to not find “December 1963, Oh what a night” available.  I was making a playlist 2 days ago and couldn’t find it.    I found a lot of threads in this forum about the song missing in the US.

BTW, in the US, the song is available Amazon Music Unlimited and Apple Music.   I checked with friends who use the competition.  

The lawsuit has been resolved so you should be able to enjoy the music on spotify again.

See:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/spotify-settles-copyright-lawsuits-brought-by-songwriters-...

Suggested posts