Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Option to remove an artist completely

Option to remove an artist completely

G'day all,

I have been looking for a while now and have found that others would like this option but nowhere is it available.

Why is there not a "Remove Artist" button in Spotify?

I found this where Spotifty clearly states that it will NOT add this feature.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Block-Hide-Blacklist-Tracks-or-Artists/idi-p/223...

There are various reasons for wanting this option including dislike, taste and even moral reasons.

Dislike.  There are some artistists that I just don't like as a person and never want to listen to.

Taste.  Everyone has different tastes, that is what makes us individuals.

Moral.  Some artists, in my opinion, are just bad people.

I can completely understand with the free subscription, this option not be available, but why does Spotify refuse to give us the option when we are paying for their primium service?

I would like your thoughts and suggestions please.

Cheers

J

5 Replies

Hey @hiluxtonka2, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

What you and others are requestion with this feature can't be done for several reasons, which we don't have access too. 

Still you can avoid listening to his music, don't follow him either.

Spotify will notice that and won't recommend that "x" artist on their palylists.

Hope I was able to help 🙂

" can't be done for several reasons, which we don't have access too. "

What's that suppose to mean?!?

On youtube you can select "Not Interested" or "Hide". There is no reason why it shouldn't be possible to add this feature on spotify as well.

What I mean is that I am not a Spotify employee 🙂

However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

This " idea" has already been submitted in the Idea Submissions board. It got 5000 votes, but they still closed the case.

Yeah, I went to the suggestion box linked above and there have been many people asking for this feature.

Come on @spotify we are paying a primium so give us the option.  I don't beleive it "can't be done".

Cheers

J

Suggested posts