Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Our band album is listed under the wrong artist with the same name

Solved!

Our band album is listed under the wrong artist with the same name

Hello,

We are a metal band named "Suppressor" on our debut album "Misanthropist" is listed under a different artist with the same name.

This is our albums URI:

spotify:album:51ksT02y9ZKGhUQNVn5V3Y

I already went in into the Line In tool, clicked X on the current main artist and added a new artist: Suppressor along with some other info.

Would I need to do anything else to get this corrected?

Thanks for help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @NiemandX

Sorry for the confusion. The new Line-In tool is a tool for users to submit metadata feedback to help improve Spotify. It is not intended to fix things right away. When you make suggestions, they don't change right away. The data is gathered and then considered.

I suggest reading this FAQ from the Spotify Artists website on what to do when your album is on the wrong artist page:

https://artists.spotify.com/faq/music#how-do-i-fix-problems-with-the-music-on-my-artist-profile

The current instructions say to contact your distributor so that they can work with Spotify to fix this and move the album to the correct artist page.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @NiemandX

Sorry for the confusion. The new Line-In tool is a tool for users to submit metadata feedback to help improve Spotify. It is not intended to fix things right away. When you make suggestions, they don't change right away. The data is gathered and then considered.

I suggest reading this FAQ from the Spotify Artists website on what to do when your album is on the wrong artist page:

https://artists.spotify.com/faq/music#how-do-i-fix-problems-with-the-music-on-my-artist-profile

The current instructions say to contact your distributor so that they can work with Spotify to fix this and move the album to the correct artist page.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I looks good now. Thanks! 

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts