Our band album is listed under the wrong artist with the same name

Solved!
Highlighted

Our band album is listed under the wrong artist with the same name

NiemandX
Casual Listener

Hello,

We are a metal band named "Suppressor" on our debut album "Misanthropist" is listed under a different artist with the same name.

This is our albums URI:

spotify:album:51ksT02y9ZKGhUQNVn5V3Y

I already went in into the Line In tool, clicked X on the current main artist and added a new artist: Suppressor along with some other info.

Would I need to do anything else to get this corrected?

Thanks for help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Our band album is listed under the wrong artist with the same name

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey @NiemandX

Sorry for the confusion. The new Line-In tool is a tool for users to submit metadata feedback to help improve Spotify. It is not intended to fix things right away. When you make suggestions, they don't change right away. The data is gathered and then considered.

I suggest reading this FAQ from the Spotify Artists website on what to do when your album is on the wrong artist page:

https://artists.spotify.com/faq/music#how-do-i-fix-problems-with-the-music-on-my-artist-profile

The current instructions say to contact your distributor so that they can work with Spotify to fix this and move the album to the correct artist page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey @NiemandX

Sorry for the confusion. The new Line-In tool is a tool for users to submit metadata feedback to help improve Spotify. It is not intended to fix things right away. When you make suggestions, they don't change right away. The data is gathered and then considered.

I suggest reading this FAQ from the Spotify Artists website on what to do when your album is on the wrong artist page:

https://artists.spotify.com/faq/music#how-do-i-fix-problems-with-the-music-on-my-artist-profile

The current instructions say to contact your distributor so that they can work with Spotify to fix this and move the album to the correct artist page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

NiemandX
Casual Listener

I looks good now. Thanks! 

Highlighted

MattSuda
Community Legend

You're welcome!

SUGGESTED POSTS