PLEASE READ: Reporting Incorrect Track Info

Solved!
Highlighted
58 people liked this

PLEASE READ: Reporting Incorrect Track Info

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Hey folks! We're excited to confirm that Line-In can now be used by any Spotify user. 

Line-In is a tool that allows our most trusted fans and music lovers (like you) to suggest edits to the information we have about artists, albums, and songs on Spotify. This will help improve, extend, and confirm the data describing music - which will in turn help us improve experiences for Spotify Users and the Artists creating the music on Spotify.

You can find the tool by clicking in the three dots next to an Artist, Album, or Song and selecting Suggest an Edit.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 28 people liked this

Re: Reporting Incorrect Track Info

HappyOutcast

Any success stories trying to get information corrected? I absolutely love Spotify but this is something I think they should start working hard on.

I think this aspect of Spotify is being a bit neglected, which is frustrating. Otherwise I can't understand how someone as popular as the film composer John Williams can be mixed up with the guitarist John Williams. It's been like that forever, it's glaringly obvious (there's more than a dozen albums wrongly attributed to him in his profile) and it makes navigating thorough his discography very annoying. I've reported it to no avail and I'd be very surprised if no one before me had done the same thing.

I've also reported a couple of things more, none of which has been solved.

As I said I really love Spotify and I've been a paying costumer for quite a while, but I really think this needs work.

43 Replies

elpine
Casual Listener

Ok,I understood.The Report is on the way.

Greets

3 people liked this

jaknudsen
Gig Goer

I'm not getting those options:

doodle

1 person liked this

elpine
Casual Listener

Yes,I think that "Report a problem with a track" is the same.Write (Copy and Paste the Spotify URL) the data of the Song/Album and send it.That would have to be enough,i think...

Greets

10 people liked this

Jamie21

Why do the reported information errors never get fixed?

For example: Case #: 345293 and #: 294241 which I reported in March, and have still not changed. They weren't even difficult issues to resolve, I sent the iTunes and Amazon links when I reported for you to see as well.

20 people liked this

LeighMarble

I am an artist on Spotify, and you have credited one of my albums to a different musician.

I have filled out your Contact Form. I have also contacted my aggregator, who have informed you of the situation several times now over the last two months. Your listing remains incorrect.

Please advise what I am to do next, besides pull my album off of Spotify.

Sincerely,

Leigh Marble

http://www.leighmarble.com/

1 person liked this

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey Artist,

Just contact to Spotify via Contact form, they pass this information to Content team.

Spoiler
However, there is email for this, but I can't publish it. So just use Contact form.

Spotify can you please improve this reporting system to Spotify inside program??

LeighMarble

Yes, as I mentioned, I already contacted Spotify through their Contact form. And I had alerted my content provider/aggregator about this going back two months now. They have been trying to get Spotify to correct their metadata.

For more details on this story, please see this thread.

Thank you,

Leigh

fn

Hello,

I've written about my name being misspelled on a track for a compilation album. The track seems to be very popular, so that pretty much sucks.

I just want to make sure my request got through, because the response I received seemed like Spotify isn't going to do anything about it:

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://www.spotify.com/help/overview/. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Solution! 28 people liked this

HappyOutcast

Any success stories trying to get information corrected? I absolutely love Spotify but this is something I think they should start working hard on.

I think this aspect of Spotify is being a bit neglected, which is frustrating. Otherwise I can't understand how someone as popular as the film composer John Williams can be mixed up with the guitarist John Williams. It's been like that forever, it's glaringly obvious (there's more than a dozen albums wrongly attributed to him in his profile) and it makes navigating thorough his discography very annoying. I've reported it to no avail and I'd be very surprised if no one before me had done the same thing.

I've also reported a couple of things more, none of which has been solved.

As I said I really love Spotify and I've been a paying costumer for quite a while, but I really think this needs work.

SUGGESTED POSTS